Sidebar not showing - using woocommerce

I’m not sure what is happening, but when I try to add a sidebar per instructions [here] (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/features-unlimited-sidebars/95) , and then add a widget, nothing shows up on the page. I originally did this for a woocommerce shop page, but when that didn’t work, I attempted to add it to a contact page where I was able to set the page template layout to: Layout - Content Left, Sidebar Right to see if the issue was only for the Shop page but it was the same for both pages I tested on. sidenote the Shop page doesn’t have an option for me to alter the template layout and I’m not sure why.

The sidebar isn’t showing and neither is the widget despite appearing to set them both up correctly.
Please advise.

Hi @charleybea

Thanks for writing in! Head over to X -> Theme Options -> Layout & Design and set a content layout with sidebar.

Then under Theme Options > WooCommerce > Shop layout, select global content layout.

When you’re adding a new sidebar, make sure to tick shop display as well.

If you’re still not seeing any changes, please provide us with your site URL along with your WordPress credentials in a secure note to check this issue further.

Thanks!

2 Likes

That worked, thank you!

Since this change affects all pages on the site for me, I went into each individual page and changed the template layout to an option without the sidebar and it was full screen.

Simple fix, but many steps that aren’t intuitive for most. At least for me. Hopefully this explanation will serve other people as well.

1 Like

Hi Charleybea,

Yes, we understand. Please feel free to get in touch with us regarding any further queries about the Pro, X, and Cornerstone.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.