Sidebar not showing category pages

Hi there,

I am struggling to get product filtering working as a sidebar on my category pages, or any pages for that matter.

I have created a sidebar, i have ticked “shop” I have then added a random image to the sidebar just to see if it will display, but nothing displays.

I have also changed the settings in the xtheme pro settings section to be “Use global content”

What am i doing wrong here?

Images attached.

I have managed to get the sidebar to show, but on mobile it’s displaying the filters at the bottom of the page. how can i move these to the top where filters should normally be?

Hi @macca_andy,

Thanks for reaching out.

May I know which site has this issue, and which pages? It’s doable by CSS, but making it global would affect other sidebars too. I need to check it first :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I’ve had to turn it off because it was effecting my site, but it would be all shopping pages on dragonhockey.co.uk. So this page for example. https://dragonhockey.co.uk/shop/

Hi There @macca_andy

Could you please follow the guidelines below and see if you can get the sidebar.

1.Head over to X -> Theme Options -> Layout and Design and set content layout with a sidebar.

2.Head over to X -> Theme Options -> WooCommerce and set a global layout for shop layout.

3.Head over to Appearance -> Sidebars area and add a custom sidebar. Then select any product categories as well that you want your shop sidebar to appear.

4.Head over to Appearance -> Widgets area and add any filter widgets to your newly created sidebar widget.

If you’re still having issues. please provide us with your WordPress login credentials in a secure note to check your issue further.

Thanks!

Hi,

I have done all this (as mentioned above).

The problem i’m having is that the widget on mobile device is being put underneath the shop results. So for a filter, it’s at the bottom, which isn’t right. How do i get it above the shop results?

Hi There,

It’s possible with the custom CSS, please add this custom CSS under Theme Options > CSS:

@media (max-width: 979px){
    .tax-product_cat .offset,
    .post-type-archive-product .offset {
        display: flex;
        flex-flow: wrap;
        flex-direction: column-reverse;
    }
    .post-type-archive-product .x-sidebar,
    .tax-product_cat .x-sidebar {
        margin-bottom: 25px;
    }
}

For more information, please take a look at this post:

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s the one. Thanks very much. Worked a treat. :wink:

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.