Sidebar missing on Blog page

I’m having the same problem as on this post: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/sidebar-not-showing-on-blogpage/22762
That topic is closed so I cannot add my question there so am starting a new thread.

I am also using the Integrity Stack. I have the settings the way you recommend in that other support topic but the sidebar does NOT show up on the blog page.

Also, how do I edit the widgets in my sidebar? Note - the sidebar is consistent for all pages set up as pages, not post pages (i.e., Blog). I want a consistent look and feel across all pages, including the sidebar, including the posts pages…

Note: my website is paws4kids4paws.org

1 Like

Hi there,

Thanks for posting in.

Please also check the setting Admin > X > Theme Options > Blog and make sure it follows your global layout, which is a content sidebar. I checked and it still using a full-width layout for your blog, but other pages have sidebar.

Thanks!

That is weird. In my Pro control panel, it shows that I am using the Global Layout. I suspect it was a problem from the start. I may need to recreate that page since we really haven’t started adding much at all.

This is a screen shot showing the layout. I had made sure this was set correctly before my 1st post about this and it still is set that way.

One other note - I went ahead and recreated one of the blog posts within Pro. After I did that, I can see the shows up on that individual post, but not in the main page that lists all posts (the blog index page?).

Finally, you didn’t answer this question in my original post either:

“… Also, how do I edit the widgets in my sidebar? Note - the sidebar is consistent for all pages set up as pages, not post pages (i.e., Blog). I want a consistent look and feel across all pages, including the sidebar, including the posts pages.”

Hi There,

To edit the widgets on yourr sidebar you need to go to Wp Admin > Appereance > Widgets.

If you are still facing issues, please provide your admin credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Thanks!

Hi, I am still having problems where the sidebar is not showing on the blog index page - http://paws4kids4paws.org/blog/. It is showing on post pages like this one: http://paws4kids4paws.org/uncategorized/launch-day/. The other good thing is that since I added a content element from within the Pro editor, new blog posts show up fine on the index, even when created from the WP posts creator.

I am sending a private message with my admin credentials for you to investigate further why the index page is showing the sidebar.

Hi There,

I have created a new sidebar for your Blog page under (Appearance -> Sidebars) and named as Blog Index. Then I have added some widgets to your sidebar by head over to Appearance -> Widgets section. Now you should be able to see your Blog Index page’s sidebar content.

Hope that helps.

Ok, Thanks much! So if I edit that sidebar to add our standard items (widgets…) that we want, can we use it throughout the website and replace the standard one?

Related - do I need to recreate the widgets I created outside of Pro?

Hi there,

Yes, you can, you have the option to set the sidebar in different places as mentioned in this article:

I am not sure about the last question. What do you mean? Would you please elaborate?

Kindly open up new threads for additional questions as it will help us to focus on each issue and give you a better support which you deserve. Having a long threads makes the maintaining job harder and also it will be harder for the other customers to find the correct information if they have similar issues. You are always welcomed to reply to this thread to follow up the same question.

Thank you.

OK, thanks.

I’ll see what I can do using the article you suggested and if needed, I’ll start another thread on the sidebar widgets. It’s all about conversion and content that doesn’t show up when switching to your theme so I put it here. It is a different part of the conversion though so I can see why separating it might help others.

_You all have been GREAT on every thing I have asked. Kudos to the PRO support team!!_**

Glad to hear and thanks for your kind words!

You are welcome!!

I was able to update the Blog Index side bar too. I also found anotehr prat of the problem, which was a draft new sidebar I had started that had no widgets in it. It seemed to be getting turned on and then would override the Blog index sidebar. I deleted it since it was an experiment I didn’t need.

Hi,

I tried adding a test sidebar and it didn’t override your Blog index sidebar.

Just make sure your sidebars are properly assigend in Appearance > Sidebars

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.