Sidebar creation tutorial Help

Hello,

I am trying to create a sidebar to only 1 page of my site and its child pages. I looked all over the searches and Google, but it seems my problem has yet been fixed.

• Using the Renew stack
  • Created a new sidebar menu and check marked only the pages I wanted it on.
  • Added widgets to the menu
  • CONTENT LAYOUT is “Content Left, Sidebar Right” in OPTIONS>LAYOUT AND DESIGN
  • The PAGE TEMPLATE is BLANK - NO CONTAINER | HEADER, FOOTER and still sees no sidebar.
  • When I try LAYOUT - CONTENT LEFT, SIDEBAR RIGHT, the sidebar is at the bottom of all the sections, but before the footer.

I think I read everything about sidebars on this forum and tried to find youtubes on this. No luck. My head hurts. Now I bow to your support.

Thank you.

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please try the Default page Template (see screenshot)

The Blank page templates doesn’t include the sidebar. To learn more about sidebars, please see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/features-unlimited-sidebars/95

If you still have problems then please get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks!

Thank you very much @Nabeel !!!
This was actually the answers I been looking for. I will let you know if that works and if not then I will send the Secure Note.
Thank you Again!

Hi @Nabeel,

So I know I’m sending a lot of replies, but it’s because of experimenting and getting different results.
At first I tried your suggestion and went to the tutorial link. It still set the Sidebar underneath everything. That is why I send a secure note. After a few more hours of reading and experimenting, I HAVE FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT!!!
I am so relieved. The sidebar was below everything because my CONTENT WIDTH was 100%. No wonder! I guess default shouldve been 74%. I either overread this informatoin due to fatigue or it wasn’t mentioned anywhere. And I found another thread on how to disable the page title and bread crumbs. This should maybe be put in a tutorial if there isn’t one yet.

All is fixed for now. I will start a new thread if more things come up. Thank you very much. If your help didn’t give a new starting point, then I would’ve still been lost. Have a good day!

Hey Ivee,

We are just glad that you have figured it out a way to correct the said issue.
Thanks for letting us know!

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.