Sidebar content

Hi

I want to change the content of the sidebar.

I used Theme Options, Layout and Design, Content Layout to select Content Left, Sidebar Right. The sidebar appears and includes the following sections:

Recent Comments
Archives
Categories

• Meta

However I cannot find any options to select what I want in the sidebar. Nor can I find any articles in the knowledge base or forum :frowning:

Thanks

1 Like

Hello @CatMasciola,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

You can add the widget in sidebars from Appearance > Widget. You can also have custom sidebars from Appearance > Sidebars. To learn more about Custom Sidebar, please take a look at following article:

You can also watch following screencast that I have recorded to help you get started.

Thanks.

Thank you. I see how to use Appearance, Widgets.

Going to Appearance, Sidebars had me confused because it said that I don’t have any sidebars yet. But I do have a sidebar as described above. I guess what it means is that I don’t have any custom sidebars yet?

I think it would be so helpful to newbies if Appearance, Sidebars had some kind of clue on this matter, since that is the logical place go looking, yet it tells you that you don’t have one.

Thanks

Hi There,

When you create a custom sidebar through Appearance -> Sidebars, you also need to assign pages that you need to display your custom sidebar.

Then, when you head over to Appearance -> Widgets area, you should be able to add your content by drag & drop widget areas into your custom sidebar.

If you’re still having issues, please provide us with your WordPress credentials in a secure note, so that we can look into your issue.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.