Shortcodes (?) showing on the blog summary page

Hellos!

In my latest blog post the summary started showing the shortcodes after a few saves. No simple workarounds helped so had to unpublish the post and need some help in getting rid of them.

Let me know if you need the login credentials. Thanks in advance!

Hey There,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look?
To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

Thank you.

Sure, but where do I do that though? There is no “Hid reply” button from what I see.

Hi There,

Please check this article to learn how to provide your credentials in a secure note.

Thanks!

I submitted the “Secure note” now, as a reply to myself in the previous comment.

I’ve lost 3 or more days without getting help because of not being able to locate the “Secure note” button. (I did look through the article earlier but as I mentioned could see no “Secure note” WHEN writing the reply.)

This is not the “confused/stupid user” issue but the one in which usability leaves to be desired. I expect the “Secure note” be visible at the time I am writing reply, not AFTER I replied, which appears to be the case. Not at all clear and requires the user to write a reply just to bring up “Secure button”?

Hello There,

Sorry for that. Thanks for sending the login credentials. I have logged in and I found out that it also happens in the single blog post. I created a test page and my test post is not being saved. I can see that you are using the latest version of X and Cornerstone. How did you updated it by the way? Did you update through automatic updates or manually updated the theme? There may be files that were corrupted during the updates. I would suggest that you re install the X and Cornerstone plugin. And plea make sure that there are no custom functions that may have cause the issue.

If still nothing is working, please give us access to your ftp so that we can check all the theme files to resolve this issue one and for all.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hellos! I do need help to solve the problem. My current project is on hold because of this issue, just as the headings seems to have started working as they should.

Hello There,

Thanks for providing the information. I have logged in and did some investigations about the issue. I have updated X theme and Cornerstone to 5.2.4 and 2.1.6. I guess the update have resolved the issue. I was able to saved my changes in the test post and it is not displaying correctly. If there are any post that displays the shortcodes, simply open it in Cornerstone and hit saved. This step is crucial so that the contents will be reformatted and changes will be saved.

Please check your site now.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.