Share this?

Hello, I can’t seem to find the answer to how to add a simple “Share this” feature - the one that allows the reader to share the article via email, twitter, reddit, etc.

Here’s my site/sample article.

Hi there,

PRO Theme does not have that functionality out of the box. You will need to use a third-party plug-in. I did a google search regarding this and you can start your research to find a proper plugin from here.

Thank you.

Paraffin? What does this mean?

I’ll find a plugin for it, thank you.

Hi There,

Sorry for the confusion, that is just an autocorrect messing. What Christopher means is PRO Theme does not have that functionality out of the box. But it has the CLASSIC SOCIAL SHARE element though which does the same thing.

Thanks,

Ah, I get that. I too have auto-incorrect.

Thanks for the tip! This looks like it was done through Cornerstone/Pro editor. Is it possible to insert the code? For these two sites, all of my pages were done in the visual editor.

Thanks again for your time…

You can add the Shortcode of the Social Sharing inside the Visual Composer Text Element. For more information about the shortcode kindly read this article:

Thank you.

great! thanks a lot for the help…

all the best,
Jesamine

Glad that we could be of a help :slight_smile:

Hello again, so here is the code for sharing individual posts:

[share title=“Share this Post” facebook=“true” twitter=“true” google_plus=“true” linkedin=“true” pinterest=“true” reddit=“true” email=“true”]

Is it possible to insert code in the Custom Code section so that “share this” appears after every post?

Hi Jesamine,

Absolutely. Please add this code in the functions.php file of the child theme:

// Add Social Sharing after the single post content
// =============================================================================

function x_add_social_sharing ( $content ) {
  if ( is_singular('post') ) {
    echo do_shortcode('[share title="Share this Post" facebook="true" twitter="true" google_plus="true" linkedin="true" pinterest="true" reddit="true" email="true"]');
  }
}

add_action('x_before_the_content_end', 'x_add_social_sharing');

Sweet! Thanks Jade. Worked like a charm.

You’re welcome, Jesamine. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.