Several Errors - Blank preview screen, no user profile pic, launched website by mistake

Hi! I’m very new at this and im wondering if you can help me. I’m getting a white preview screen. i was able to find the errors but have no idea how to fix them…lol, please help, i cant move forward without it.

maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?v=3&ver=4.8:35 Google Maps API error: MissingKeyMapError

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)

Also, i have a seperate issue but no sure if i have to post it here.

I get a white preview screen when I go to appearance and then customize and then I can’t see anything to see changes as I make them. It’s been this way since yesterday.
I did figure out while waiting that I have a google maps error and a 500 internal server error which I’m clueless on how to fix that too.
And, OMG! I think I accidentally launched it! Is there a way to reverse that?
My profile picture won’t show up either and I did exactly what he did on the tutorial. I think I really suck at this…lol
I feel like a fish out of water. Like what was I thinking when I decided to do this…lol

Thank you so much in advance.

Hey there,

For the Google Maps, sounds like you didn’t add your API key. See https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/get-api-key to get a key.

For the Customizer issue, please see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-customizer/196. Your web host could also help you with this since they have control over your server.

Not sure what your issue is with your picture and what you have launched.

Please take some time and go through our Knowledge Base to learn how to use X and Cornerstone.

Thanks.

thanks, i will try to fix them.

i also have these errors:
Error : Please fix your theme to make plugins work correctly: Go to the Theme Editor and insert <?php wp_head(); ?> just before the line of your theme’s header.php file.

Error : Please fix your theme to make plugins work correctly: Go to the Theme Editor and insert <?php wp_footer(); ?> as the first line of your theme’s footer.php file.

when i try to fix them the wierd word header show at the top and bottom of my pages with a bunch of forward lines. can you tell me how to fix this without messing it up.

how do i find out how to fix my profile picture so it will show up and i accidently launched my website. can i “unlaunch” it?

The error looks like it’s coming from a third party plugin. Regretfully, we cannot provide support for third party plugins or scripts as our support policy in the sidebar states due to the fact that there is simply no way to account for all of the potential variables at play when using another developer’s plugin or script. Because of this, any questions you have regarding setup, integration, or troubleshooting any piece of functionality that is not native to X will need to be directed to the original developer.

X does use wp_head and wp_footer as it is standard in WordPress. If you’re unsure what plugin is causing the issue, please contact a third party developer to investigate the issue.

Can you give us a screenshot of the profile picture? Where did you launch your site?

Thanks.

i dont know how to do a screenshot on my computer, just my cell phone…lol i’m not sure why the actual picture matters cause it wasnt a permanent picture i was going to be using. i’m just trying to figure out why its not working.

if i go to a incognito internet page and enter my website dancingcouponerofsix.com the page will show up which means other people can see my unfinished website which sucks! im trying to fix that. i must have launched my website some kind of way.

also, how do i edit my portfolio page? im getting this error when i try to edit it in cornerstone
(Uh oh!A suitable content area for the live preview couldn’t be identified. Switching to Skeleton Mode.)

Hi There,

You can try an online tool to get a screenshot (http://snag.gy/).

You can install under construction plugin through X -> Overview area so that your visitors will see a coming soon page.

Basically you cannot edit the Portfolio main page using Cornerstone. It is just a page template showing all your Portfolio items. To change those configurations and settings, head over to Appearance -> Customize -> Portfolio section.

Thanks!

yeah! the under construction plugin worked! finally something worked for me…lol

1 Like

Hi There,

Glad it worked.

I think you have accidentally provided an unrelated screenshot. Please provide us with the correct one to check your issue.

Thanks!

huh? the previous person asked for a screen shot of my profile picture, am i mistaken?

when i go to the “user” section to input my profile info which includes my profile picture and click update, the profile picture doesn’t show up in the blog where your suppose to see my name and profile picture.

there is no error that i can see as to why it wont show up.

Also, can you please help with this. I’m trying to change the font color in my headline to blue because part of it is currently orange. i want to turn the orange portion to blue.

here’s an example: Improve Your MinistryOur free Dances tutorials
the portion that is orange has the word dance tutorial due to the 2 strong’s surrounding it. when i take the word strong off then the font color turns black. how do i find the word for the blue color. hopefully this dont sound to crazy…lol

last thing, the button in the slider revolution as well and on the reg pages are orange and i cant figure out how to change those either. please help. i’ve searched all over.

Hey there,

Sorry for the confusion regarding the profile. I meant a screenshot of where you want to set it up. Is it in this forum?

Regarding the headline, the blue color is coming from your custom CSS in X > Launch > Options > CSS

Regarding your slider’s button style, please see https://www.themepunch.com/revslider-doc/buttons/

Thanks.

for some reason it wont let me do a screenshot on that page.
im trying to to use the same method i used last time to add my picture in the user section where my personal profile info is.
im using the user section which is on my dashboard under the appearance and plugin sections. the problem is ive added my profile picture and saved changes but i still cant see my picture in the blog section of the website where it should be.

Also, im trying to add a youtube video on my homepage. ive tried the embed video element and ive tried the section background type to add the video and it doesnt play. how do i fix it? this is the url
https://youtu.be/-TdnhFDTmfI its a private youtube video right now but it wont even go to youtube, it will just show the url on the page.

Hi there,

I’ll forward the issue regarding the profile picture :slight_smile:.

Since it’s private then it may not really play. I tried it and I can’t play or test it. How about using other youtube videos just for testing?

Thanks!

Hi, did you get any response to the profile picture issue i’m having?

Can you confirm that you can’t add your profile picture in Account > Profile > Preferences > Profile Picture?

Based on your previous reply, you’re trying to upload a picture in WP Admin > Users > Your Profile. I see you have uploaded an image there and you’re also using a third party plugin (User Profile Picture) for it.

Please note that we do not have support for third party plugins and also, X doesn’t display the profile image in the blog page. It displays it in the single post page in the comments section and if you use the Author element or shortcode.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.