Setup Demo Content Issues

I have installed all of the plugins that came with the theme I have purchased. I Attempted to use the “Setup Demo Content” however it reads “WORKING ON IT” and never progresses. Any help?

Hello Robert,

Thanks for writing in! Do you have several plugins that is active? You might be experiencing getting timed out or have exhausted php memory limit during the import. ​We recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

I appreciate the info… However there is no wp-config.php file! Only a wpml-config.xml document…

Hello Robert,

You will have to log in to your ftp and browse the file in your directory where you have installed WordPress.
Please check out this codex: https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php

Hope this helps.

Alright, I tried everything… Now I am getting a new message…

Hang in there, trying to reconnect… Experiencing technical difficulties… We’re Sorry, the demo failed to finish importing.

Hi Robert,

Please provide us login credentials (wp-admin & FTP) in a secure note so we can take a closer look. And please let us know which demo you want to set up, we’ll try to setup it.

Thanks,

Hi Robert,

Thanks but the credentials did not work, please check.

Please try again. I just used the same and was successful.

Hi Robert,

Thanks, I am seeing 500 Internal Server Error when I try to import the Agency Demo, most of the time this means its a server side issue.

Please increase your site’s PHP Max Script Execute Time, currently, it is set only to 30 seconds which is not enough to import an entire expanded demo (see Dashboard > WP-ServerInfo > PHP Max Script Execute Time)

Try to increase your PHP Maximum Execution Time limit by following any of the methods provided here. Better to contact your hosting on this matter as some hosting/plans do not allow their users to change this manually.

While you’re at it, ask your hosting support how to change the PHP version to 5.6 or higher (Wordpress requirements), currently, your PHP version is v5.4.45 ( (see Dashboard > WP-ServerInfo > PHP))

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Thank you, I will try all of that…

You’re welcome.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks

The upgrading of the .php corrected the issue. Thank you for your help!

You’re more than welcome, glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.