Settings_Media Settings_ Image Sizes

From the dashboard and into settings the image sizes will not change on my home page. They are small thumbnails.

Hello Robert,

Thanks for writing in!

I see that on website you are using X Theme version 6.4.6 and Cornerstone 3.5.4. To avoid any compatibility issues, please make sure to update X Theme to version 6.5.5.

You can take a look at following resource to update X Theme:

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks.

Prasant,
Hello.
I am upgraded.
Automatic Updates
Installed Version
6.5.5 CHANGELOG.
I am using a Child Theme. Does the upgrade automatically migrate to the child.

I do not see any changes to my images.

Hi Robet,

Kindly install this third party plugin and run it.

https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/force-regenerate-thumbnails/

When changing your thumbnails/image sizes you need to regenerate it again for the new image size to be created.

Thanks

Hello Robert,

Thanks for updating in!

I can see that you are using Ethos stack. In this stack, the featured images were displayed as a background image in a space provided for the featured image. There is a custom PHP function code in the theme that automatically crops the image once you upload it. If the image is below the large image dimension being set in the Settings > Media, the full images will be displayed. If the image is way bigger that the large dimension then the custom php code will process the cropping.

By the way, which image size you want to display in your homepage? How big you want to resize the image for the homepage? Please give further clarifications. You can send us a mock layout or a screenshot of how your homepage will look like so that we will have an idea of what you have in mind.

Thank you in advance.

Hi, Jumping in here with a related question - I’d like to make my featured image thumbnails which appear in the Essential Grid and other locations a uniform size. I’ve tried everything in the theme and essential grid settings and nothing has worked. Would really appreciate knowing how to do this. Thank you!

Oh my goodness after LOTS of googling I found the answer: Aspect ratio. The grid has aspect ratio setting at Grid Settings > Layout > Media Ratio X:Y

Hey Jenny,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes that’s correct your can set the media aspect ratio via Grid Settings > Layout > Media Ratio X:Y

We’re glad you’ve sorted it out. Cheers!

Yes thanks! It appears that this aspect ratio is not transferring to my post carousel, which imports my Essential Grid. I’ve written to that plugin author, but any additional ideas would REALLY help. Thank you.
https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/post-carousel/

Hello Jenny,

You are using the Essential Grid. You might need to edit your grid Skin and make sure that the image is set up as cover or contain.

To know how to edit the grid skin, please check out this documentation:

Hi @RueNel, It is set correctly to cover already.

My Essential Grid itself is showing up just fine.

However, when I use the post carousel to display it, these settings do not transfer.
I need the post carousel to use the same aspect ratio as I’ve already configured on Essential Grid.

You can see more about the Post Carousel plugin (which Themeco recommended I use) at the link in the prior post.

Hello Jenny,

Please understand that the Post Carousel plugin is a 3rd party plugin with no connection to the theme or Essential Grid plugin. This is why your essential grid settings does not affect the Post Carousel plugin. It has it’s own settings which you will need to use.

@Thai suggested the Post Carousel plugin as an alternative to the Post Carousel in Ethos stack. This plugin may not have the same structure by the way.

Hope this explains it briefly.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.