Setting content and headings fonts! Please help

Hello,
I have been trying to set my content and headers fonts to “Heebo” but failed. I tried to follow the instructions described at: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/font-manager/1014. Then enabled the Font Manager in Theme Options > Typography as well and assign the font to body and head, but the posts font remain the same “Ariel”.

I have spent hours trying to do that without success. Please help me.

My website: https://bodybesthealth.com

Thank you.

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for writing in!

If you have set up the Heebo font in the Font manager, please make sure that the Font Manager is enabled in Theme Options > Typography and that the Heebo font is assigned to the headings in Theme Options > Typography > Headings and in the Body and Content, Theme Options > Typography > Body And Content.

After saving the settings and doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches since you have installed W3 Total Cache so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors. And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

Please let us know if this works out for you.

Thank you for your quick reply.
I did all of that and went back and doubled checked, but still not working.

I am using “Whatfont” chrome extension to check the fonts, and as you can see in the attachments, when I hover over any empty space it shows the Heebo font, but when I hover over the text, it shows the default instead.

What is it that I am missing?

Thank you very much for your outstanding support.

Hello Ahmed,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look at your font settings?

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Thank you again. I just submitted a secure note with the requested info.

Hello Ahmed,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

Body content font:

Upon checking the page in Chrome dev tools I can see that the content is using Heebo font. Here’s a screenshot.

Heading

In Font Manager, I see that in Heading font template Helvetica font was added. I have changed that to Heebo font and now title is also using Heebo Font.

Please clear cache and then reload the page. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Thank you. It shows OK on the front page of the website, but not on posts.
Please check https://bodybesthealth.com/guide-keto-diet-to-lose-weight/ to see what I mean.

The fonts in the above post haven’t changed.

Hello Ahmed,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

Single Post headline:

I can see the changed in single post headline using Heebo font.

Single Post Content:

The reason why changes are not reflecting in single post content is because of inlines CSS that’s added. Please toggle Text in post editor and manually delete the inline CSS that’s there.

Thanks.

Thank you very much. That’s weird. I wonder got that CSS there in the first place. Anyway, When I try to remove them one line at a time, or use “clear formatting” under Format, then click on “Update”, I get the following error message, which I believe is generated by X Theme itself. “Oops! You blew up the Internet.”

I’m sorry, but this is just going from one thing into another. :frowning:

Hi Ahmed,

I’d like to check but it seems you are currently editing the page.

Can you try removing all text and just add a simple one liner text. Just put your existing text in a text file for backup.

It is most likely that you have an html error in your content, thus the error.

Thanks

Thank you.

Sorry, I must have forgotten to leave and log out.

OK. I copied the text in a text file and deleted everything there. I added a one sentence instead.

Thank you.

Hi Ahmed,

I guess this issue happened when you copied the texts from another website and they contain the <span> tag with the inline font family inside, as @Prasant mentioned:

I recommend you to copy the texts then paste them to the notepad application first, after that copy them again then paste to the editor.

Let us know how it goes!

Thank you very much. That did the trick. Yes, I was using an online editor and looks like it was the reason behind all that mess.

One last thing if you don’t mind.

My H1, H2, H3, and H4 are out of control and very huge after I made those changes. For example, H2 is a lot bigger than H1, and H3 is as big as H1…and so on.

I tried to add the following in CSS, but that didn’t work:

.blog h1 {
font-size: 30px;
}

.blog h2 {
font-size: 26px;
}

.blog h4 {
font-size: 22px;
}

Can you please advise?

Really appreciate your outstanding support and overwhelming patience.

Thank you.

Hi Ahmed,

Please update your custom CSS to this:

h1, .h1 {
     font-size: 30px;
}

h2, .h2 {
     font-size: 26px;
}

h4, .h4 {
     font-size: 22px;
}

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Thank you so very much. That solved all my problems :smile:

You guys and your support rock!

Thank you again.

You’re always welcome!

Cheers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.