Session expired error

Hi I’m new to this theme. I’m trying to use Cornerstone and the template manager but I keep getting directed to an “expired session” page

Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 1.48.11 AM

I’ve deactivated all the third party plugins. I matched up the Site URL and Wordpress URL using wordpress and ftp. Can you help me not sure what else to do. Thanks

Hello There,

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.

2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.

3. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode:
    https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.
Screen reader support enabled.

Hello There,

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.

2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.

3. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode:
    https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1

4. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hey I’m not sure what happen but after i updated everything i got this message Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 2.43.47 PM

I delete the bbpress plugin and it resolved this error and I’m able to sign in to admin again. But I’m still getting an logout error message when trying to use cornerstone. Please help.

Hey There,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

Thank you.

I’ve been able to confirm this is a bug with the recent update. It only effects older versions of PHP. We will fix this fir the next release. Meanwhile I would recommend updating to a supported version of PHP (at least 5.6) - not only will this issue go away but you will see some performance improvements.

Hi Alexander! What exactly will updating my php fix?

I’m sorry for not being more specific. It will resolve the Fatal PHP error in bbPress. The other issue simply looks like the stylesheet is never loaded. I was able to browse around the builders with no styles loaded so it looks like the other functionality is there. Reinstalling both X and Cornerstone may fix this.

Hi I’ve posted a secure note with my info. Thanks

Hi,

The login provided no longer works.

Please reinstall X and Cornerstone, then send a request to your hosting provided to update php version to at least V5.6

Thanks

Sorry i had the wrong Username. I corrected it in the secure note. I updated my php to 5.6. but I’m still running into problems.

Hi @Nashish

I can see you have updated the PHP on your server to 5.6.35, which is fine, however you are still running the old version of X theme, please follow this guide to update the theme to the latest stable version and you won’t encounter any issue now:

Thanks.

Ok I’ve updated my X theme, plugins, and php. Cleared my caches. But I’m still getting this screen when I click on cornerstone. What else could be causing the issue?

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 2.05.02 PM

Hi onaje,

Please also update the WordPress itself to version 4.9.6. I had another thread regarding this, which the update of the WordPress fixed the issue.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.