Serious problems after changing Domain

Hi all,

I was trying to change my URL from body-wisdom.net to blackpantherathletics.com

This created several problems, namely with Polylang Plugin as well as MailPoet Premium.
Not sure the MailPoet one is related though or is from the update. After trying to update it I get this error:

_Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to MailPoet\Features\FeaturesController::__construct() must be an instance of MailPoet\Features\FeatureFlagsRepository, none given, called in /home/sites/8b/7/750d9b6443/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mailpoet-premium/lib/Config/Populator.php on line 19 and defined in /home/sites/8b/7/750d9b6443/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mailpoet/lib/Features/FeaturesController.php:23 Stack trace: #0 /home/sites/8b/7/750d9b6443/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mailpoet-premium/lib/Config/Populator.php(19): MailPoet\Features\FeaturesController->__construct() #1 /home/sites/8b/7/750d9b6443/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mailpoet-premium/lib/Config/Activator.php(15): MailPoet\Premium\Config\Populator->construct() #2 /home/sites/8b/7/750d9b6443/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): MailPoet\Premium\Config\Activator::activate(’’) #3 /home/sites/8b/7/750d9b6443/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(’’, Array) #4 /home/sites/8b/7/750d9b6443/public in /home/sites/8b/7/750d9b6443/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mailpoet/lib/Features/FeaturesController.php on line 23

I managed to put a redirect from my old URL to the new one so if you try to reach the body-wisdom.net one you’re redirected to blackpantherathletics.com

However many of the pictures as well as links are not working at the moment. While looking at the Network tab in Firefox I can see that some of the pictures are still found on body-wisdom.net and thus am getting a 403 Forbidden code.
I already tried Languages > Settings > URL modifications inside Polylang and saved the changes to refresh the URL’s, I cleared the cache. I also went to Settings > Permalinks and clicked “Save Changes” to refresh the permalinks there as well. I also installed a plugin called “Velvet Blues Update URLs”. It found some 40-50 instances of the old URL and fixed them and some pictures appeared, not all however.

With Polylang I don’t get why some Pages are reachable while others are not.

This one for example is reachable and the URL is build correctly.

For this one however:

The URL is build correctly as well, but the page is empty even though the page can be found in Pages in the Admin panel.

I am also completely unable to use Cornernstone at the moment, due to the problem with the Polylang Plugin. For example on the Home Page I don’t see anything there. Not even one of the elements. Now I checked and I can’t even get it to load completely, it just stays like this…

Any help regarding these issues will be highly appreciated!

Kind Regards,
Julian

Hi Julian,

Thanks for reaching out.

First, may I know how you changed your site’s URL? Depending on the process, your site’s data could be okay or worst, broken. Hence, it would best to re-migrate your site to make sure all data are intact, changing just the domain will really cause many issues.

I recommend setting up body-wisdom.net back with the correct site files and data, then use All in one migration plugin to migrate the files from body-wisdom.net to blackpantherathletics.com. And please disable the redirect too, but temporary while we’re checking it.

Thanks!

Hi,

I bought the new domain then I just changed the values in Settings > General. I also used the plugin called “Velvet Blues Update URLs” as I mentioned earlier.

Kind regards,
Julian

Hey Julian,

Before you can change the URL in Settings > General, you need to make sure that the domain URL is pointing to the same directory. If the domain resides from another server or has been hosted in a different directory, you are not doing it correctly. The old url and the new url needs to have separate WP installation. You will then have to migrate the old url to the new url. To know more about migration, you can check this out:

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi,

I decided to restore everything from backup and am trying to do so from the cPanel. However for some reason nothing happens when I go here:

and try to choose the file to restore from that is located on my PC. There is no indication of anything happening after the file has been chosen.

What should I do?

Kind regards,
Julian

Hello Julian,

Would you mind providing us access to your site so that we can check your settings? Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

Thank you in advance.

Hello Julian,

The Beginner page both the German and the English were corrupted. It seems that it was accidentally edited outside of Cornerstone.

Meanwhile, I have investigated the Cornerstone issue and it seems that the “GDPR Cookie Consent” is conflicting with Cornerstone. I temporarily deactivated the plugin and now, the page is loading inside Cornerstone.

You may need to activate back the plugin once your done testing.

Please check your site now.

Hi again,

And thanks for trying. I still don’t see anything in the Beginner or Intermediate pages. I think it’s best to try to revert all the changes and try to apply a backup. Support from the hosting company is going to try that now. If it doesn’t work I have no idea if it’s even possible to fix everything…

Kind regards,
Julian

Hey Julian,

Yes, that would be a good idea to revert your changes back to the previous state. We would highly recommend a complete migration than just changed the domain url to avoid any conflicts and issues. Old URL must be a separate WP install from the new URL. To know more about migration, you can check this out:

Cheers.

Hey RueNel,

So the guys from the hosting support managed to apply a backup but only half of it. For some reason there is an error popping up when they try to restore the database:

ERROR at line 454: ASCII ‘\0’ appeared in the statement, but this is not allowed unless option

They asked me to resolve it, but I have no idea where to even start looking. They say all is restored, but nothing works and everything looks exactly the same way as before the backup. Not really sure what to do anymore.

Kind regards,
Julian

Hi Julian,

Unfortunately, we are not database experts to know about such issues. I personally did a Google Search about the case that might help you understand the cause, or share with the hosting service provider or any developer you might hire.

Thank you.

Hi,

So slowly it seems that my only available option would be to try to fix the issues as they are. RueNel mentioned above that the Beginner and Intermediate pages were corrupted in Cornerstone and that is why they’re not displayed. How can I fix them so that they start showing up? What is there for me to do?
Also if you have any better suggestions they will be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Julian

Hey Julian,

The Beginner and Intermediate pages were not corrupted by Cornerstone. It is the incorrect migration that got the Cornerstone builder’s data to be deleted or not included in the migration in the first place.

That is why we recommended that you do a re-migration following the correct migration procedure. That migration guide is not just for Cornerstone. That is the modern migration process for WordPress sites. If that instruction is too technical for you, you will need to hire a third-party developer to do it for you.

If it’s not feasible to do a remigration, you need to rebuild your site.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.