Selecting the Cornerstone Editor within the Page Builder is Redirecting back to the Wordpress Page Editor

I currently am using X Theme version 6.2.2 and Cornerstone version 3.2.2.

When I try to access the Cornerstone page editor, I am never able to access it. 2 different things happen depending on the situation. I’ve listed the issues below accompanied by images.

Error 1: If I’m trying to edit an existing page, I will go to the page, select cornerstone from the editor options, then select cornerstone in the middle of the screen. Once that is done, it directs to an error page for a few seconds, then loads a broken page after that. (Refer below)

Error Page,
Your program won’t let me place more than one image. The error reads as follows: “Loading…”
Below that is a Button that reads “Close Dialog”.
Then additional text that reads “Session Expired. Please log in again. The login page will open in a new window. After logging in you can close it and return to this page”

Broken Page Redirect:

Error 2: When I try to create a new page, I’ll open the new page, select cornerstone from the page editors, then select cornerstone from the middle of the page. It acts like it’s loading, then it just reloads the new page in the same wordpress page editor rather then pulling up cornerstone.

I have already tested removing all plugins, however this issue still occurs with all plugins removed and only X theme and cornerstone enabled. Please advise on how I can solve this issue.

Thank you for your time.

Hello @jmartinos,

Thanks for asking and apologies for the issues you are facing.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options and/or Child Theme and test the case.
  4. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  5. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hello,

I have tried each of the steps listed in your response. Unfortunately, none of them have resolved the issue. I have provided admin site credentials in a secure note above.

Please let me know what the next steps are that we should be taking to resolve this. I appreciate your time.

Best,

Hey @jmartinos,

Please try updating to the latest version of WordPress.

Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

We updated the version of WordPress and it solved half of our problem. We are now able to edit existing pages using Cornerstone. Unfortunately, we still cannot create New pages in Cornerstone. When I select Add New Page, then select the Cornerstone editor, the page just refreshes in the default WordPress page editor.

What else could I be looking at to solve this issue?

I appreciate your time.

Best,

Hi There @jmartinos

Upon further investigating, I see that your PHP memory limit is set to 256MiB still and your PHP max script execution time is set to 30 seconds which could be possible limitations.

If you have already followed the memory increase guide above, then you need to contact your hosting provider and ask them to increase for you.

Also to increase your script execution time, you can either contact your hosting provider or you can follow this guide here (https://www.simplified.guide/php/increase-max-execution-time). We recommend to increase it to 120 or a higher value like 300.

Thanks!

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I have increased both the PHP Memory Limit and PHP max script execution time and unfortunately the issue is still occurring when I try to edit a new page in Cornerstone.

What else could be causing this problem?

Again, I appreciate your time.

Best,

Hello There,

When you create a page, please do the following in the same order.

• Add New Page/Post
  • Insert a title for your page or post
  • Insert a featured image if needed.
  • Select a page template if needed
  • Click the Publish button.

Once it is already publish, click the “Cornerstone” and you are now ready to edit the page in Cornerstone. You will have to do this way so that the page/post itself will populate the necessary post meta information needed before you edit it in Cornerstone. Otherwise, you will encounter an issue because the page/post is not yet initialized.

Hope this helps.

That solved it.

Thank you! I really appreciate your time.

Best,

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.