Sections glitched in cornerstone

Seems as if every section I create it won’t allow me to edit it in any way.

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

What editing you’re trying to do, is it changing the options of the section you have added? Please provide your site’s URL that has this issue, and your login credentials in a secure note.

For the meantime, please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

Hi there,

There are warnings being thrown and it’s affecting the layout upon load. Would you mind editing your site’s wp-config.php and set the WP_DEBUG to false? Then test it again, and please provide your FTP login credentials in a secure note in case I need to check those error logs.

Thanks!

I did as requested and it worked temporarily…

Another issue has arisen; it will not display on the front end anything that was edited in Cornerstone for some reason.

(I’m referring to talentnation.com/pricing)

Hi there,

The given URL is not working for us, unfortunately:

Please add a test Page on your installation and kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Also, we will need the result of the steps that my colleague mentioned to be more informative regarding the case.

Thank you.

I’ve already given a secure note with the login info.

I also mistyped the url…

Hey @ALeRTiSNeRD,

I’ve seen a similar issue in another thread and the cause was the use of the latest PHP version 7.2. Please try downgrading to 7.1 and if it does not work, please try PHP 7.0

This issue has been submitted to our issue tracker and an official fix for PHP 7.2 might be available in the succeeding releases.

Thanks.

I downgraded to 7.1, then 7.0, then 5.6 and it doesn’t seem to work in any of them. :frowning:

Hi There,

Can you be specific what changes is not showing on the frontend? I have notice that your sections are hidden. See this: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cFnYcJo8Z1

Desktop section is hidden on all screen size. Inspect desktop and click the large screens from from HIDDEN BASED ON SCREEN WIDTH option to show it on large screens:

Hope this helps.

That’s crazy; I didn’t even click any of those.

I’m so baffled right now that it was such a simple thing…

Your downgrade did help. I don’t see an issue with Cornerstone’s interface anymore.

I thought this was the issue.

Anyway, glad it’s solved. :slight_smile:

Ya, the WP_DEBUG cleared the issue I was having with cornerstones section edits not showing up.

Thanks a lot for the help everyone… Support is A+

You are always welcome!

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.