Sections & Elements missing after upgrade pro

Hello, I upgraded to pro and everything seems to be working except when I go to edit with pro I don’t see any of the sections or elements to edit. All the pages look fine when you view them from the website. But you can’t edit them because nothing is showing up to edit.

Hi James,

Thanks for writing in! Regretfully we cannot test your site and investigate the issue because the given user credentials has a very limited privileges. Please make it as an administrator so that we can edit the pages.

Regards.

1 Like

Sorry about that, I changed the privileges to administrator.

Hey James,

Thanks for updating the credentials. I see that the builder’s data is gone and what’s left is the generated shortcode the content still works in the frontend.

Did you migrate your site or have done database optimization before this happened? Or, can you remember your site activity before the issue happened. I tested upgrading X to the latest Pro and I didn’t experience this issue so this could not be a bug.

Regretfully, the solution to this would be to restore a website backup to a time or point when the builder’s data is still available. Otherwise, you will need to rebuild the pages.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help, I downloaded my files from the server I’m migrating from and uploaded them to the server I’m migrating too. I must have done something wring during the migration process. I still have the old server up and running. Is there something that I possible missed during the migration? Does it have to specifically to do with the database?

I can still download the old database and try to re migrate it over again.

I’m re downloading the database from my old staging server. which I confirmed still has the builder’s data.

I’m gonna try and restore the database again and see if I can fix this issue. Thank you again for the guidance!

Hi There,

We have an article for the miragtion:

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you again! I successfully migrated the DB over exactly as instructed. However, the builder data still seems to be missing from Pro.

Is there anything else I may have forgot to migrate?

Is it possible the builder data is there but the file path names are corrupted?
Is it possible for me to see the builder data in the database?

Hi James,

I like to check it again but it’s displaying a 403 Forbidden message even on font page. Have you blocked access from specific countries? Please let us know once it’s accessible again.

And the data has no relation with file path, it’s all in database only. You could find them in wp_postmeta table (or depending on your tables prefix as long as it has postmeta table name), then the name is _cornerstone_data where the data is stored. But you should match it with post ID, example,

The 19 is meta ID, while 7 is post ID. That means the _cornerstone_data is for post with the ID of 7 (eg’ Hello world post).

But, even if you’ll able to see the data, there is a chance that it’s already corrupted and you can’t fixed it through that since it’s a Wordpress serialized data.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you again for all your help, I’m re migrating the entire website, files and database from scratch. It should be back up and running is about 15 minutes.

Ok, the site is back up and running. I had to create new admin credentials. Its the same user name and password. I completed the migration from the working site, and the builder data is still missing. Its not a total loss, Our website can use some updating anyway. Its not that much to rebuild if I cannot find a solution.

Hello James,

How did you migrated the site? What steps did you do to migrate it? I would recommend using a 3rd party plugin like WP Clone or All in One Migration plugin instead.

And if you only have a few pages and that the old site is still existing, you can export each of the pages as a Pro templates and import it to the new site one page at a time. Please check out “Working with Templates” section from this knowledge base article for more details: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-layout/122/1

Please let us know how it goes.

1 Like

I exported the pro config file, the wp content, the database, and then imported them into a new install of word press with all fresh installations of the theme and the plugins.

I’ll try the export and import of the individual pages but I think I might just want to rebuild with all the pro elements and move away from the older classic elements.

the export and import of the page templates is pretty nice. Thank you for the PRO tip!

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.