Section templates seem missing in new version of X

Hey there,

in the old version of X there were two template options in Cornerstone “Page templates” and “Section templates”. In the new version there are only “Page templates”.

Can I somehow activate/enable “Section templates” in the new version or are they just gone?

Thank you in advance!

Hi There,

I really don’t understand what is a section template but the new version of template feature is more powerful than the old feature. You can make template out of any section and entire page too.
Also you can save any element setting as preset and use it in several places

Please check this.

Hope this clear to you!

Thanks

I’m sorry, they were called “Block templates”. But nevertheless I’m unable to find them in the new update. It’s important to me because they were extremely helpful for building my site fast and the Block Templates were super stylish. The “Page templates” are still there but the BT are missing.

Is there some way I can activate/enable “Block Templates” in the new version or are they just gone?

Hey @instisc,

The process of inserting a Block Template is now combined in a single workflow in our new Template Manager so there is no more Block Template option but the function is still available. Please see the Template Manager usage instruction especially the Using Template section.

Thanks.

I’ve read the whole instructions twice, but I still don’t understand what you mean by “but the function is still available”.

Let me put it this way: Relating to the picture, how can I insert the “Get in touch” block with just 3 clicks in the new version?

Hello There,

Thanks for getting back to us.

How can I insert the “Get in touch” block with just 3 clicks in the new version?
Regretfully you can no longer insert the “Get in Touch” block because the Themeco Blocks were removed in the latest version. The block templates were merged in the template manager. At the moment, the classic blocks were not part of the starter pack. There is already a pending task request to add the classic blocks to the starter pack so that you can use it again.

Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like

Thank you for the honest and competent answer! It’s great to hear that you already have plans implementing them in the new version. I’m really looking forward to using them again.

Have a great day!

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.