Section or Block Above Masthead

Is there any way to put a section or a global block above the masthead. I don’t want to use a slider for this. I can modify my child theme if necessary to do it, if you could point me in the right direction,

Hi Sheri,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes you can do this by adding the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file:

function x_add_element_above_masthead() {
	echo do_shortcode('[cs_gb id=351]');
}
add_action('x_after_site_begin', 'x_add_element_above_masthead');

Just change the Global Block ID 351 in the above code with yours. To see all actions and filters in X / Pro please see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-actions-and-filters-in-x-pro/208

Hope this helps!

Thanks! That’s what I needed. I’m also using is_page() to make it page specific. .

The issue I’m having now is with a thin line I can’t get rid of between my “above the masthead” content and the first section on my page.

I’m using a left bar for navigation, so the above the masthead content is immediately above the first page section both have white backgrounds so I don’t know where this line is coming from. I’ve set all relevant borders and outlines to none and this did not get rid of it.

Update: I just tested and the line is still there if both backgrounds are navy blue.

Hi Sheri,

Please use your browser Developer Toolbar to see where that thin line is coming from.

If you can’t find it, please provide us a direct page URL where we can see the issue.

Thanks,

Sorry it took me a while to respond. That was the first thing I checked. I noticed that the line does not appear in the Pro builder interface it only shows up on the front end. I ran into something like this five or six ago, I think it’s some sort of browser quirk, I don’t remember for sure. The line isn’t part of the design, it doesn’t look like a normal border. The site isn’t live, but if I can’t fix it soon I’ll set up access for you and update this thread.

The builder must not use the browser’s native rendering engine. Maybe knowing the difference will help me figure it out.

Hello Sheri,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Can you please share website URL for us to take a closer look?

Thanks.

I figured out what was causing it. It was likely a combination of things, but one of the issues was attempting to use scaled fonts. I had my largest font set at 17px. When I changed to 16px that fixed it some but not entirely. The lines between divs were where the background showed through.

It was odd because I got them to go away when I used responsive mode to view the site smaller, but when I sized up to 1920 x 1080 they came back at lower resolutions some lines showed and some didn’t. It was strange.

At any rate I switched to stepped sizing in theme options and that fixed it. I’m guessing something about this particular design was incompatible with doing it the other way. Thanks for all your help. You can close this request.

Thank you for updating us. Glad this is now sorted.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.