Section background pattern not being contained within section

I am trying to use a background pattern for one section and it seems to work in cornerstone, however, when I save and view the live webpage, the background also appears in every other section below it (not above it).
For some reason the background is not being contained within the section as it should.
I have tried using the section tools (background lower layer, upper layer, size & position for each) and doing this via the page’s CSS with class identifier.
If I just change the background colour or add a photo background, these work as normal. It’s only the patterned option that doesn’t seem to end at the bottom of the section.
Adding a new background to EACH of the sections below this does override the pattern, but not a good solution.
Is there something I am doing wrong?
Due to time constraints, I am going to have to remove the pattern and continue developing the website. The website is in private testing at the moment. It would be good though to go back and add it again once a solution is found.

In further testing, it looks like I have narrowed it down to the Modern Event Manager plugin shortcode, but still don’t have a solution:

1. It is not just the background pattern, it also happens with a colour only section background and repeating image
  2. It is only happening when I insert a certain Modern Event Manager shortcode type into the section. This is any shortcode with the skin “Grid View” AND the “Count in Row” set to 3 or more.
  3. I tried using it in different elements (content area, text, classic, etc) and locking it behind containers, span, div, etc. Nothing stopped it. Other shortcodes like The Grid work fine. So it seems to be the Modern Event Manager that causes this issue.

Hi @Innovatek,

Thank you for writing in, please do the following.

• Is this issue happening only to a specific page? If so, please check that page content and make sure there are no broken HTML tags and all tags are closed.

• Ensure that you are fully up to date. WordPress, Theme, and Cornerstone (Version Compatibility)

• Clear all the site caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors. Please deactivate this caching features while we tackle this issue.

• Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hi @friech,
It is a bizarre bug. To your initial suggestions:

1. It happens on any page
  2. Theme, Wordpress and plugins all up to date
  3. Caches have all been cleared - issue still remains
  4. Disabled all plugins except for Modern Event Manager. Still happening.

As mentioned earlier, this plugin has a number of different shortcodes and the main ones all seem to work without issue. Also, it only happens when you set a shortcode with the “Grid View” skin AND 3 or more on a single row. I have created new shortcodes with this view/skin and they each have the same background issue - once you select 3 or more to a row. If you select only 1 or 2 per row the background functions as it should.

Hi @Innovatek,

In that case, please provide the site’s URL and admin login credentials in the secure note and w’ll check it as well. And please provide the sample page where this issue is happening.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.