Search Modal

Hey there, I have your search modal enabled, so when I click the magnifying glass that’s in my header, the entire page turns into a full screen search query.

Question: 1. How can I stop it from being full screen?
2. Is there a way to keep the magnifying glass, but when selecting the magnifying glass a small regular search bar appears below it instead?

Hi,

Regretfully what you are trying to achieve is not possible.

You can try this third party plugin instead.

Hope that helps

Hi Paul, so I can’t even change the full screen search?
At all?

Hi Ashley,

Yup, that is the only native search feature of X.

If you look at the Cornerstone elements, there are four Search Elements

It’s the Search Dropdown element that you’re looking for.

Unfortunately, you can not add that on the Header, because X has no header builder, unlike the PRO.

The Difference Between X & Pro

Hope this shed some lights,
Cheers!

So I’m not running pro - I’m just running visual composer. What options do I have for not using the full screen modal?

The primary issue of the modal is that if you were typing in the search and it’s longer than 6 letters. You can’t see the whole word. Are there any fixes for that?

Hi Ashley,

The search input field is limited to screen width, the typed words can’t be greater than the input dimension and it’s true of every form fields. If I’m mistaken then please provide a screenshot of the issue where 6 letters are not applicable.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,
You can see in this shot here, that the “1” is cut off after I’ve surpassed number 6.

This is a problem if my search query is longer than 6 words.

Hello Ashley,

This is not a default behaviour of the search field. You can test it in our demo sites:

I am guessing that there is a code in conflict or a 3rd party plugin that is causing this issue. I have check the url but it seems it is not the one shown in the screenshot above since it is not using the theme. Is the screenshot taken from your staging site? We need to check your site and figure out what is causing this issue.

Regards.

It’s a staging site, you have to manipulate your host file to see it.
I can send that in a private IM?

Hi,

Please add it in Secure Note.

Thanks

Okay, see below ( I Hope)

Hey Ashley,

Upon checking, your site is broken (see secure note). Would you mind moving your site to another server? We might have problems accessing even if we’ve added your site in our host file.

Thanks.

Hi Christian,
Definitely not seeing this - even on another computer. I am not in a position right now to move my site to another server.
Can you try again, or maybe another co-worker on another computer will have better luck?

Hi Ashley,

It’s due to this custom CSS that is added

input[type="text"] {
    background-color: #fff;
    color: #000;
    width: 300px !important;
}

It limit the width of any form text input and that includes the search form. Please remove that from your custom CSS.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.