SEARCH is not working

Hi… just test my website

if you click on the “SEARCH ICON” (all right on top menu) you see the prompt for search.

1. the green lettering when typing is a way too large: any way to reduce the font size?

2. whne tou hit enter after a keywword… nothing happen… how to fix it?

tnks!

Hi Mauro,

I found the following JS errors:

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <
x-site.min.js:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
dummy.png:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
fa-solid-900.woff2:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
(index):229 Uncaught TypeError: windowObj.scrollBottom is not a function
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> ((index):229)
    at i (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at Function.ready (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at HTMLDocument.J (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
kisspng-flag-of-italy-clip-art-italian-flag-clipart-5ab5b52dcfe225.png:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
jquery.themepunch.revolution.min.js?ver=5.4.8.3:7 https://www.pma.it/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/bum.jpg  Could not be loaded !
(anonymous) @ jquery.themepunch.revolution.min.js?ver=5.4.8.3:7
jquery.themepunch.revolution.min.js?ver=5.4.8.3:7 https://www.pma.it/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/miracle.jpg  Could not be loaded !
(anonymous) @ jquery.themepunch.revolution.min.js?ver=5.4.8.3:7
cornerstone-site-body.min.js?ver=3.5.4:1 Uncaught TypeError: e.parallaxContentBand is not a function
    at t (cornerstone-site-body.min.js?ver=3.5.4:1)
    at dispatch (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:3)
    at r.handle (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:3)
t @ cornerstone-site-body.min.js?ver=3.5.4:1
dispatch @ jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:3
r.handle @ jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:3

You might have added Google tag manager script on a wrong place, or added a script via child theme that has wrong syntax. Please remove it and then try again. It is causing error because, a script tag was added inside a script tag which is forbidden.

Hope this helps…

unfortunatly not…
i had edited the "function.php file of child theme to insert the google analytics code but with no luck… then i hav follow your instrucition and insert the Google analytisc Themeco plugin…

now i restore the “funcion.php” files to the original (with a previous backup"
but still no search working

can please do a new check? tnks

<?php // ============================================================================= // FUNCTIONS.PHP // ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- // Overwrite or add your own custom functions to X in this file. // ============================================================================= // ============================================================================= // TABLE OF CONTENTS // ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- // 01. Enqueue Parent Stylesheet // 02. Additional Functions // ============================================================================= // Enqueue Parent Stylesheet // ============================================================================= add_filter( 'x_enqueue_parent_stylesheet', '__return_true' ); // Additional Functions // ============================================================================= // Translate Strings add_filter( 'gettext', 'translate_x_strings', 20, 3 ); function translate_x_strings( $translated_text, $text, $domain ) { switch ( $translated_text ) { case "Hey, thought you might enjoy this! Check it out when you have a chance:" : $translated_text = __( 'Dal catalogo www.pma.it. Cliccare sul link per visionare il prodotto. DISCLAIMER: CONDIVIDERE QUESTO ARTICOLO ESCLUSIVAMENTE AD OPERATORI SANITARI ', '__x__' ); break; } return $translated_text; }

this is my custom CSS code on theme

/*
// Buttons
*/

.x-btn {
font-weight: 700;
}

.x-btn.x-btn-alt,
.button.x-btn-alt,[type=“submit”].x-btn-alt {
border-color: #02aed6;
background-color: #02aed6;
box-shadow: 0 0.25em 0 0 #0b8ead, 0 4px 9px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.75);
}

.x-btn.x-btn-alt:hover,
.button.x-btn-alt:hover,[type=“submit”].x-btn-alt:hover {
border-color: #0b8ead;
background-color: #0b8ead;
box-shadow: 0 0.25em 0 0 #097690, 0 4px 9px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.75);
}

/*
// Dropcap
*/

.x-dropcap {
background-color: #02aed6;
}

/*
// Headings - Dark section
*/

.dark-section h1,
.dark-section h2,
.dark-section h3,
.dark-section h4,
.dark-section h5,
.dark-section h6,
.dark-section h1 a,
.dark-section h2 a,
.dark-section h3 a,
.dark-section h4 a,
.dark-section h5 a,
.dark-section h6 a {
color: #fff;
}

.dark-section h1 a:hover,
.dark-section h2 a:hover,
.dark-section h3 a:hover,
.dark-section h4 a:hover,
.dark-section h5 a:hover,
.dark-section h6 a:hover {
color: #fff;
opacity: 0.65;
}

/*
// Sidebar
*/

.widget a {
color: #02aed6;
}

/*
// Contact Form 7
*/

.wpcf7-form {
margin: 0;
}

@media (min-width: 2980px) {

.x-nav-wrap.desktop {
    display: none
}

.x-nav-wrap.mobile {
    display: block
}

.x-nav-wrap.mobile.x-collapsed {
    display: none;
}

.masthead-inline .x-btn-navbar {
    display: block;
    float: right
}

.masthead-stacked .x-btn-navbar {
    display: inline-block
}

.x-recent-posts .h-recent-posts {
color: rgb(16,169,166);
}

Hey @Borgarello,

I checked your site and I don’t see any error now, there could be a plugin conflict or template customization which is breaking the search functionality, please test for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

4. Deactivate your child theme and switch to parent theme.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks.

ok… no luck… please chek it for me tnks!

Hi Mauro,

The error is now gone and I am able to access it

Try adding this custom CSS on Theme Options > Global CSS:

.x-searchform-overlay .form-search .search-query {
    font-size: 3em; /*Adjust 3em accorndingly*/
}

I am seeing white screen of death. That means there is a fatal error. I found out that X theme is broken on your site:

Please try to reinstall it. See this guide.

Hope this helps.

bang! you’re right! for some reason index.php was missing… reinstalled and ok! now my search is working again… tnks!

Glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.