Search function loads our Privacy Policy page instead of results

I’m usually able to troubleshoot on my own, but this one has me stumped.

In Firefox, as soon as you click the search icon (top nav) the theme loads our Privacy page. (It loads the search term modal window too, but no matter what you enter it just closes out and loaded the Privacy page.)

It’s a brand new site, and we haven’t tinkered with any search-related functions / settings. Any thoughts on what’s causing this and how to fix it?

(Note: Works fine in Chrome, Safari)

Hello,

Please, to check this better, if you could post some logins details in a secure note and we`d be happy to take a look.

P.S: You can search by “secure note” on this article if you don`t know about this: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/themeco-support-overview/288

Great - thank you.

Hi again,

Thank you for providing the credentials. You had an un-closed anchor tag in your footer content that was breaking the theme structure. I went ahead and fixed it for you. Please clear your browser’s cache and check the site again.

Cheers!

Thank you, Nabeel! The other search-related issue we’re seeing is that two types of pages are not showing up in the search results:

1. The /about page.
  2. The pages in the /properties section (we’re using the Portfolio post type for these).

Any idea why those two things aren’t being indexed?

Hi there,

I checked the website and saw that the portfolio items are indeed indexed. The only thing I can suggest to improve those pages are to change the Page Template of them to Portfolio in the Edit screen.

1. How would we change the page template for portfolio entries? (I don’t see that option in the Edit screen.)

2. It looks like the portfolio item titles are being indexed, but not the content of each item. What’s causing that?

3. What about the About page? Why would other standard html pages be indexed but not this one?

1. Sorry for the confusion. Page templates are not available for the Portfolio item

2. This is because WordPress’ search engine is only simple. For more search control, you need to use a plugin like SearchWP or build a custom search function. Both would require custom development which is outside the scope of our support.

3. Your about page is included in search results when you search the title.

Thanks.

The staff names, titles, emails (basically all page content) isn’t indexed on the About page. But thanks for the info - I’ll check out that plugin.

It’s good to know. Please tell us after you have tested the plugin.
If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.