Search destination page?

Hello - I’m adding an inline search element to my page.

1 - It loads results in a page that I can’t tell where it’s defined?
2 - How can I control which pages it searches in? I’d like it to not search every published page.

Thanks!

Hello Richard,

Thanks for writing in!

The search results has it’s own page. Whether it has no results or some results to display, it will use it’s own page which has been using the global content layout from the Theme Options.

You cannot control which pages it will search because by default, WordPress will search both posts and pages. Do you want to exclude a particular page? You may need a 3rd party plugin if you want to do that:

Or you can do a customization which by way beyond the scope of our support. This link might help:

Thank you. I have one follow up questions. How can I control which Template a new page gets? i’ve tried to research this, but I can’t see how to tell it which one the gets assigned to new pages. I always have to go in and set the template to “No container, Header and Footer”. I would love to be able to set this for all new pages AND then customize my own template. I’ve seen how Pro manages PHP files and how they relate to the framework directory. I just haven’t figured out how to get my own template, or child them modified version to show the templates list. And, make that one the default. Thanks for any tips!

Hello Richard,

By default, each time you create a page, WordPress will use and assign the default format. You will need to assign a page template manually and every time you create a new page if you want to have Blank - No Container | Header, Footer page template. To know more about page templates and how you can set it in your WordPress page, please check out this codex:

For more details about the different page templates in the theme, please check this out:

Okay. Thanks for verifying.

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.