Scrolling in Cornerstone

Hello,

I have searched the forum and tried every work around I could and I still am having an issue with Cornerstone. I am unable to edit my elements. In this screenshot, I am trying to edit a Classic Feature Box and I am unable to scroll on the left hand side of the screen in the editing menu. I am unable to scroll for other elements, too. Please advise.

Thank you,

Katherine Kirk for Puukumu School and Robyn Botkin is the client

Hello @Rbotkin,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please do the following general solutions because it needs to be done by you.

1. Please make sure that you are running PHP 7 or later on the server as running old version of PHP can have potential issues. You can refer following document for server requirement https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/1

2. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

3. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

4. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

5. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

6. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

7. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

8. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If nothing helps, please give us WP Admin and FTP access in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

Hello,

I checked with the web host today and they do not support PHP 7 without an additional cost. Is there any way to roll back to an older version of XTheme that worked with PHP Server version: 5.6.32-78.0. The client would have to upgrade web hosting and this is a cost to add PHP 7 to the site. This is a not for profit charter school. Please advise.

Hi,

It’s not only a theme requirement but of wordpress

But it could be something else that is causing the issue.

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! You seem to forget to access to your WP dashboard. Regretfully we haven’t had a chance to test Cornerstone.

Meanwhile, I noticed that you inserted an invalid JS code. Please have it updated and use this instead:

jQuery (function($) {

$(document).ready( function() {$('.x-section video').prop('loop', false); } );

} );

</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="//s3.amazonaws.com/downloads.mailchimp.com/js/signup-forms/popup/embed.js" data-dojo-config="usePlainJson: true, isDebug: false"></script><script type="text/javascript">
 setTimeout(function(){

require(["mojo/signup-forms/Loader"], function(L) { L.start({"baseUrl":"mc.us3.list-manage.com","uuid":"3c937eb84475adeb8e7d28aad","lid":"f1737203a3"}) })
}, 45000);

</script>

<script>
  window.fbAsyncInit = function() {
    FB.init({
      appId      : '221787541642743',
      xfbml      : true,
      version    : 'v2.9'
    });
    FB.AppEvents.logPageView();
  };

(function(d, s, id){
     var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
     if (d.getElementById(id)) {return;}
     js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
     js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js";
     fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);
   }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));

Please keep in mind that the output of the custom JS section is already wrapped with <script> tag. The code above has been modified in a way to circumvent the output on the front end and avoid any JS error which may have contributed to the issue that you are experiencing.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi there,

Please delete your current cornerstone and let your X 4.6.4 install the applicable version through its overview page. Don’t update your cornerstone if you wish to remain on 4.6.4, the latest cornerstone (2.1.7 which is currently installed on your site) will not work on 4.6.4.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thank you!! That worked. Will leave this install X4.6.4 until php7 is available for this site.

Again Thank you!!

Katherine

OK. So now I have elements missing on the home page and elsewhere. Do I need to update shortcodes?

Thank you,

Katherine

And also, how do I get the old child theme set up with this version?

Again thanks,

Katherine

Hello There,

Which element is missing? Most probably, elements that is release in X 5.x.x will be missing because it is not yet supported in X 4.6.4.

The child theme on the other hand will support X 4.6.4. No changes made and should be compatible with most version. You can get a fresh child theme in your dashboard.
https://theme.co/apex/dashboard

Hope this helps.

The elements that are missing are classic elements. Feature list, Feature Headline, etc.

Hi there,

I checked and feature list and feature headline are there. Perhaps when you update your cornerstone to 2.1.7, you also added a v2 elements that are now missing since you roll it back?

I created a sample here ?page_id=4674&preview=true&cornerstone=1

Thanks!

Is there any way I can roll back Cornerstone to a different version that would show the old version of the elements. I am unable to edit them and would not want to recreate them. What version would that be and where would I find it or what version could I roll back to. I have all the zip files of the older versions of X available in my files. Not sure which one it would be.

Thank you,

Katherine

I have a version of 4.1.1. Would that work for a rollback?

Thank you,

Katherine

Hello There,

Please manually delete X and Cornerstone from there respective folders in wp-content/themes and wp-content/plugins. You must delete those folders first.

You will have to manually re install it by uploading it using your X 4.1.1 zip file. You must unzip the file and upload the files individually. The cornerstone.zip can be found in x/framework/plugins/ folder.

I would highly recommend that you create a staging site and test everything first in the staging area before doing it in your live site. This is very useful because you can test drive any X updates in the staging area, do the customizations and troubleshooting without disrupting your live site. Once everything is perfect, you can easily and flawlessly proceed the update in the live site. To know how to create a staging area, please check out these articles:

Hope this helps.

Hi,

I have a staging site and the site was working great with 5.0.3. I would like to change to the 5.0.3 version in production. How would I find the version of X in the zip files that I have saved on my computer? I have X zips (See attached screenshot) that don’t say what version. The only zip that I have that says a version is 4.1.1.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Katherine

Hello There,

Simply browse to the different x folders and open the style.css file in notepad or text editor. This is where you find the version of X in that folder. You should be seeing something like this in the style.css file

/*

Theme Name: X
Theme URI: http://theme.co/x/
Author: Themeco
Author URI: http://theme.co/
Description: An immensely powerful and endlessly customizable WordPress theme.
Version: 5.2.5
License: GNU General Public License v2.0
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Text Domain: __x__

*/

Hope this helps.

Hello There,

Did you already find X 5.0.3 version? I managed to upload the file in dropbox.
You can download it here:

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi,
Yes and I rolled it back to 5.0.3 version. All is working well with Child Theme and looks great, but having issues with Cornerstone. I tried a few other older versions of Cornerstone and they did not work so I am back to Version 2.0.4 and the same issue with editing the elements.

Thank you,

Katherine

Hi Katherine,

It looks like cornerstone data is corrupted, I am sorry but you will have to redo your home page.

I tried other pages and they seem to work fine.

Thanks