Scroll does not work for vertical inspector!

This is a real hassle. The only way to access items to to try and maneuver a scroller that’s 2 pixels wide. This is the case on the chrome and safari browsers. As its a fundamental aspect of the UI I’d think this would be better looked after. This has remained an issue for two or three weeks now.

WG

Hello James,

Thanks for writing in! We cannot replicate the issue from our end. Using Chrome or Safari browser, when you set the inspector as vertical, the scroll bars display in an instant as you place the mouse pointer within the panel.

Once the scrollbars display, you can easily click on it or simply scroll the mouse wheel. If you are using a trackpad, swiping up or down scrolls the panel as well.

Hope this helps.

I’m not surprised you’re experience is not like mine. It’s always some little detail that causes such outsized problems. But I’m having a tough time with this aspect. I’d submitted a couple vids earlier. Here they are again. Perhaps there’s some setting on my end causing the problem but as it occurs in both browsers I’m at a loss for what.

https://cl.ly/7c6889d3b5b7/%5Bf1a21f8faca3aa54d5356872a876dd28%5D_Screen%2520Recording%25202019-08-01%2520at%252007.24%2520AM.mov

https://cl.ly/00bc29e586b5/Screen%2520Recording%25202019-07-31%2520at%252007.07%2520AM.mov

Hey James,

Thanks for reporting. Would you mind giving us the name and version of your Operating System and the version of the browsers so we could test specifically on those OS and browser combinations?

We’ll then send a report if there’s indeed a bug with scrolling on the said environments.

Thanks.

I’m running the latest version of Mac OS. 10.14.x. I’m using the Safari browser that’s up to date as well as the Chrome browser that’s just been downloaded.

here’s another glitch.

https://cl.ly/c06c0d66474b/Screen%20Recording%202019-08-18%20at%2010.00%20AM.mov

Hello James,

Thanks for sending out the video. Actually, you cannot insert any element yet if there is no section, row and columns. They must be added first before you can insert any element. I went ahead and edited your homepage. I can see that there is already a section which has a negative margin. I reset the margin to zero and have this layout now.

If you want the slider and the image to be fullwidth, you will need to change the page template to Blank - No Container | Header, Footer as shown below:

Click the gear icon and then find the Page Template option in the Page Settings. To know more about the different page templates in the theme, please check this out:

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks! That helps somewhat, but it also raises questions … I followed your written instruction rather than the image for the ‘no container’ option. But I was under the impression a container was a fundamental requirment for any content. What is the difference tween a container or bar or section?

In the header there’s the bar and then containers.

In the page there’s the default which I was using and it doesn’t show a container in the layout tab - only a section. It looks just the same as what you’ve set up with the page templates - (which it seems should be an option available in the inspector panel and not buried in the preferences section)

When I watch the vid of the setup I sent you the section is showing up just like it does now so its unclear what or why I was having the problem. Also I hadn’t made any changes to the margin as far as I know. I was baffeled by some other settings that showed up odd in the header builder that I’d not changed myself. Gremlins?

Is it possible to run the slider while in the editing mode? I understand the slider itself must be edited in the WP section but afterwards can it be viewed w/o going to the actual webpage?

Hello James,

1.) It is best that you check out this page templates and compare it:

2.) The page container can be explained here: http://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/pages/blank/

The bar is the container wrapper for the header or footer. Each bar can contain several containers which will serves as rows or columns depending on your Flex layout setting.

A section is a container wrapper for the post or page content when you create/edit a page using the Pro editor or Cornerstone plugin. Each section can have a row element which will then have columns in it.

3.) Is it possible to run the slider while in the editing mode? I understand the slider itself must be edited in the WP section but afterwards can it be viewed w/o going to the actual webpage?

• We have disabled the slider and the grid from displaying when you are editing the content to avoid any conflicts or issues that might prevent or mess up the editor. You can only see the slider or grid when you view the live page.

Hope this helps.

Suppose I used the sidebar right template - could the right section be locked or pinned so it would serve as a ‘header’ section I could park my navigation and search funtions? How much trouble will that be to make responsive?

I could then use the no header footer template

Hello James,

If you use Layout - Content Left, Sidebar Right page template, the sidebar will go up/down as you scroll the page. It will not be positioned as Fixed. You cannot use the sidebar as your header.

Please keep in mind that you can only use one page template at a time. If you use Blank - No Container | No Header, Footer, you will not have any sidebar in the page content area. We highly recommend Blank - No Container page templates if you want to create pages where there are sections that has fullwidth images in it.

Hope this helps.

Still some questions

https://cl.ly/0dc8b5e9fd34/Screen%20Recording%202019-08-18%20at%2005.39%20PM.mov

Hello James,

There are no Flex settings in the section, row and columns. The section settings only contains the ability to add rows, section background color or image, section separator, margins, padding, border and box shadow. In the row settings, you can define the number of columns, margins, padding, etc and still no flex settings.

The flex settings is only present for the header and footer builder in the bar, container and element settings.

Flex settings for the content will be available for the new grid layout in the upcoming release version of the theme. Pelase watch out for it.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.