Screen Options empty

In Megamenus you say:

To use these classes, scroll up to the very top of the screen on your admin menus page and select the Screen Options tab. Upon doing so, a dropdown will appear featuring various options that can be toggled on or off. Under the Show advanced menu properties section, look for a checkbox labeled CSS Classes and ensure that it is selected.

Now the problem I’m having is an empty Screen Options dropdown.

Before the dropdown click:

And after:

It’s in polish, but I hope you can see what the problem is.

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in! That is weird, it should be there:

screenshot

Please make sure you have the latest version of Wordpress 4.8.1

And then do a testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

I do have the latest 4.8.1 version of Wordpress. After I disabled all the plugins problem persists. Do you have any other ideas on what may be causing the issue?

Hi there @ahulist,

This could be caused by corrupted core files. As the screen options functionality is a core part of WordPress. Do you have any custom CSS applied to the admin at all?

If not, try downloading a fresh copy of WordPress and overwriting everything apart from the wp-confing.php and the wp-content folder.

Thanks!

I did a fresh Wordpress install and didn’t enable anything (not even ThemeX) and there was still no dropdown menu. It appears to be a Wordpress problem. So I tried something more basic and guess what - it did not work on Opera, Chrome, Vivaldi but it did work on Internet Explorer.

I suppose it solves the problem for now, but I am still a bit… triggered.

Thanks for help!

Hi There,

Glad you were able to figure it out. This issue we haven’t seen with other users, so it should be related to your setup.

Thanks!