Saving works 30% of the time only

I can usually save a quick change in my X theme. It seems that if I try to do too much work, the Save button remains greyed out and I have to start over.

Have also gotten the “Failed to save” error on occasion.

This is quickly killing my experience and I’m thinking of ditching this theme. I hope there’s a fix.

Thanks,
Mark

Hello Mark,

Thanks for writing in! There is no known issues with saving. Would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look at your site?

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Thanks - I’m looking for the secure note button as described in that link, but not seeing it.

Hi Mark,

I tried to save a page on your site using Cornerstone and it’s saving without any issue. Have you tried increasing the PHP memory limit of your site since there are lots of plugin active on the site and you might need to up the site’s memory limit.

To do this, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

Here is a details article about the PHP Memory Limit that is in our Knowledge Base:

In case the issue persists, please try to get in touch with your hosting provider and confirm to them that your PHP memory limit is increased.

Let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.