Row left/right margins

Page URL: http://www.5x5advisory.com/?page_id=952

I’ve tried all the margin and padding settings for the various elements/columns/rows and the section involved here, but nothing seems to work. I am trying to get the right and left margins/border of this virtual flyer to match the 0.2 EM setting for the top and bottom.

Thanks for your help.

Hello There,

Thanks for posting in! It appears that your url is in draft mode. We cannot view the link. Please provide us access to your site.

based on the screenshot, it seems that you are using the default page template. Are you using Cornerstone in building your page? If that is the case, please edit your page back in Cornerstone and insert the following custom css in the settings tab, Settings > Custom CSS

.page-template-default .entry-wrap {
  padding-left: 0;
  padding-right: 0;
}

Feel free to adjust the paddings if needed.

Whoops! Sorry about that. Here’s the correct, live URL: http://www.5x5advisory.com/public-speaking-like-ted-workshop/

I verified the template I’m using for this page as “Blank - no container | Header, Footer”

Hey @lancesalyers,

Your image’s width needs to be larger than that of it’s container. That is the recommended setup so your image won’t pixelate or become blurry. Generally, for your image should be more or equal to your site’s max width. If the image must span fullwidth, you need a size larger in width than your monitor’s screen resolution.

If you don’t like that approach, you should set your image’s width to 100%.

If that does not help, please give us WP admin access in a Secure Note so we could show you the proper setup.

Thanks.

I set the top and bottom images to 100% width, and that resolved the left margin … but the right margin is still off. If you can give me an email address, I’ll setup an admin user login id for you to investigate.

Thanks!

Hello There,

Your container is 1200 pixels. The image needs to be 1200 by xxx pixels so that it will fit in the container area. At the moment, the image only have 1125 by 222 pixels which is why there is a white space on the right side. Setting the width and maximum with to 100% should have resolve this. It does not works out for you maybe because there is caching feature present in your site. If you can provide us the login credentials that would be great so that we can investigate this further. You may use a dummy email staff@theme.co. Please add a secure note in your next reply and add the login details so that all our staff on duty can login and investigate. To know more about secure notes, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Please let us know how it goes.

Based on the previous response, I had already set the width to 100%. Based on yours, I also set the max width to 100% as well, then tested in an incognito window to avoid cache issues. Still the extra margin on the right remains. I will follow up with a secure note and login credentials.

Thanks for your help.

Hello There,

I have logged in and resolved the issue. I inserted an inline css instead to make sure that the image is 100% width. I added this code in the inline css field:

$el img {
  width: 100%;
}

Please check your site now.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.