Role-Based cornerstone edit link display/access issue in page listing

I have added “advanced access manager”. Created a role with “editors” capabilities. Then I restricted this role user to access some pages. I see that editor is able to see “cornerstone edit” in page listing, whereas other options get hidden in page listing.

I think cornerstone is missing role-based display in page listing. Please help.

Hello Praveen,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

It’s difficult for us to provide support for advanced access manager plugin as it’s 3rd party plugin and falls outside the scope of support we can offer. Having said that, if you are using the most recent version of X Theme and Cornerstone then under X > Settings > Permissions you can define the permissions for a user role.

To learn more about the permissions manager, please take a look at following article.

Thanks.

Hi Prasant,
Looks like it is not advanced access manager plugin issue.

1. As when we set permission restriction for a page it doesn’t display “visual composer” edit button on that page in the Page listing.

2. So similar functioning should have been for the cornerstone plugin. When we set permission restriction for a page we should not have “Edit with cornerstone” displaying in page list in admin panel.

Hey Praveen,

Where did you set the restriction? Is it an option of the Advanced Access Manager? If so, please configure Cornerstone permissions in X > Settings > Permissions? If this is already your setup, chances are, there is a conflict with your custom role. Your custom role might be using an admin level permission.

Anyway, would you mind giving us access to your WordPress Admin so we could check and replicate your setup in our test sites?

Thanks.

i can send details on mail to any theme co email id. Please provide a theme co Email Id, i will create a user.

I created a new user role using Advance acccess manager copying “editor role”. i am allowing cornerstone for this role using this path X > Setting > Permission.

The issue is when i restrict a page for this user role in Advance access manager, “visual composer” editor gets hidden in page list page in admin panel but cornerstone doesn’t.

Currently i added one plugin named Adminimize and disabled quick edit for pages for my new role. If someone has better answer or fix in cornerstone please let me know.

Hi @praveen.tanwar,

I can confirm this and added this to our issue tracker. Please use that workaround for now.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.