Right Menu Overlaps content on tablet, Pro

Hi there,

Site: https://fantasy-books.live
X Pro 1.2.7
Wordpress 4.9.1
Tablet: RCA voyager pro
Browser: Standard factory Browser

I’ve had complaints of some tablets not working properly with the Pro menu. When the person zooms in, the menu overlaps with the text.

This is just from visiting a post on the site.

Now,

(1), the right menu shouldn’t be showing up for a 7 inch tablet. It was set to hide. But it’s not working properly for some.

(2) Although I don’t have such problems on some other screens for (1), if I were to use the Pro Builder, then again, even on laptops, the menu overlaps the posts. And the menu that is supposed to be visible, the top menu, doesn’t show at all, which makes it difficult to, well, build.

Can you help?

Thanks

J.

Hey J,

I checked the resolution of your device and it is 1024 x 600px. I opened your site in that screen size and I don’t see an overlap anywhere.

Can you give us the exact page or URL of the page where this is happening and also a screenshot?

1. The right menu isn’t showing in the landscape resolution as you can see in the screenshot above. If you rotate your device though, that’s when the mobile menu will show up. It is a tablet view in that case because it’s width is 600px.

2. Please provide screenshots of the issue. If this is happening in the builder, also provide access to your WordPress admin in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

Hi.

It’s happening on posts, not pages on tablet sized screens.

here is an example of a post: https://fantasy-books.live/heathens/heathens-chapter-2/

And here is an imae of someone using the tablet and what they see.

I can’t login to your site.

Please check.

Thanks.

You have to click the login button on the site.

Hi there,

It happens because the tablet’s view size shared the same size on the desktop (around 980px and 1024px). I also checked on my iPads and looks okay, what tablet you’re testing it with?

Based on your screenshot, it’s 1024px, but my iPad uses 1024px too and there is no overlapping. Maybe the issue here is your device’s screen scaling. The screen size is 1024px, but the design is scaled up that creates an illusion that it’s smaller due to larger design elements.

Again, what device you’re testing it with? Maybe I can find something similar.

Thanks!

Yes, the user that initially brought it up was using:

Tablet: RCA voyager pro
Browser: Standard factory Browser

Hi there,

Please try changing its zoom setting like from here https://www.wikihow.com/Change-the-Default-Zoom-for-the-Android-Browser. I checked that device on the internet and seems like a small device (7 inches) compared to iPad (9.7 inches). Hence, a 1024px resolution in 7inch device with 169 DPI. Hence, all design elements will really appear big and compressed. Unfortunately, there is no way for me to get that device. But it does look like one of Asus and Acer tablets, I’ll check it there too.

Thanks!

I’ll let them know.

Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.