Revslider keeps removing itself when I try to update

Hi There -

I’ve been troubleshooting the revslider plugin for quite a while. This seems to be a recurring issue on several sites that we work on. The plugin shows it’s deleted from the wordpress side, when we go into FTP it shows there. We then delete on the FTP side, and re-install it from the X theme options and it installs. But it’s not installing the most up to date version and it wants an update. When I try to update the revslider, it then deactivates it and removes it from the wordpress side. I’m stuck in a circle and unsure what to do. Please help.

Thank you!

Hello @erinfogg,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

When you delete Revolution Slider from WordPress admin section, usually you will see Revolution Slider folder still there on the server. It needs to be deleted manually.

As of today the supported version of Revolution Slider 5.4.8.2. So if the plugin author releases update for the plugin (you will see update notification in WordPress admin but the update won’t happen), we (Themeco) needs to verify the same for compatibility with our products before users can update the plugin. Once we have verifies for compatibility, updates are then released so that our customers can update the plugin. It’s the same for all the bundled plugins that we offer along with X Theme and Pro Theme.

So, I would suggest you to install Revolution Slider from X > Validation > Extensions. It will download and install the latest supported version of the plugin.

Thanks.

That is exactly what I do. As soon as I install it, it shows revslider has an update. Should I just not do the update?

Hello @erinfogg,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Please click on the update notification button and please let us know the version number that’s showing up in the update area. As of now the supported version for Revolution Slider is 5.4.8.2. If the number is higher then the supported version then you will have to wait till we release the update after testing for compatibility.

In case you are facing issues then please share website login details in secure note for us to take a closer look.

It is very common to need to share sensitive information with our staff such as login or FTP information. In order to keep this private, be sure to use the Secure Note button that you will find at the bottom of each reply.

Thanks.

It’s 5.4.8.3

Makes sense. We will wait to do an update. Is there a way for me to look at the latest versions supported by you before I go in and do updates?

Hi again,

You can check for compatible versions here https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195 you can also find the latest version numbers here: (http://theme.co/changelog/) Then you can compare them to what’s installed on your site.

If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

Thanks!

Perfect, thank you!

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.