Revolution slider won't load images on mobile devices

Hi there, so i added letsencrypt to my website on my server side on SiteGround. Everything went fairly well except one thing, the images on my revolution slider won’t load on mobile devices, or my surface 3.
Revolution slider loads just fine on desktop and my larger laptop, but not anything smaller than a surface.

I looked through the other answers in support for similar problems and couldn’t find one that worked for me sadly. I’m just wondering if i should add cloudflare to the website to get it to work or if it is a simple java error.

If anyone has a few good things i should try to solve this, i would love some guidance :slight_smile:

The website is aboveandbeyondtech.com

Hey There,

Thanks for writing in!

It seems that you are using an older version of the theme. X theme 6.0.4 is now available in automatic updates! This release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (https://theme.co/changelog/). Please do update to the latest version. After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Regarding your slider, I think you have set it that the slides or slider it self will not display in smaller screens. Please do check your slider settings.

Please let us know how it goes.

thank you for your reply RueNel! :slight_smile:

So i ran the update on the theme, i also checked to see if “disable slider on mobile” was clicked, as well as made the “device viability” turned on for the individual layers in my slides

After doing more troubleshooting, it looks like the issue is on touch screen devices. Ive used a touch screen desktop (didn’t work), several touch screen laptops (none worked) several Ipads and iphones (none worked), and several android devices (none worked). While every non touch screen device i have used has worked, including my xbox one, old laptop, my gaming PC and a few of my clients non touch devices.

This also only effects photos (no effect on text, or buttons), and id say 1 out of every 10 page loads, the pictures will actually populate on a touch device.

Any suggestions, or should i just resort to using a different slider creation plugin?

Hi there,

This is new for us as we have never had such a problem. In the original question, you talked about letsencrypt which seems to be the reason that this is happening.

Would you please remove that and check the case? In general, I suggest that you follow the steps below:

1. Remove letsencrypt and test the case.
  2. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Follow the troubleshooting steps below:
    https://www.themepunch.com/faq/troubleshooting-tips-for-5-0/

Get back to us with the result of the tests above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Update:

I performed all of the steps in the troubleshooting guide before i posted this thread. I did my best to perform best practices before asking for help.

Ive included the info you asked for in your last post chris

Hi there,

Thank you for the information. I added a test page and added the Agency Home Revolution Slider to that page. The slider images are not showing.

It is not a matter of the touch device as it is not working on my Macbook either.

I double checked and found out that the slider wants to load images from another server or address which I added to the Secure Note.

It seems that the heavy caching that you have on your website and the migration to SSL which you have done caused the issue.

Please purge the cache and disable the W3 Total Cache and SG Optimizer and whatever cache measure that you have. And contact your hosting service provider and ask them to help fix the fact that the slider tries to load images from that bizarre URL.

Thank you.

Thank you for pointing me in the direction i need to go! I will get the W3 cache off the site and contact SiteGround to help out with the fix. The URL is my testing and pre-build domain. Ive always done the build on a website subdomain then moved to a separate site, or used the subdomain and cut the back end redirect off… ill spend some time in my sql and php… joy of joys!!

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Im sorry Chris this was all caused by laziness on my part…

The i2.wp.com is Jetpacks image caching server to load images from there if its closer to the end user.

the rest of the weird url part is my practice back end website where i can mess stuff up and not worry about it being live…

I built the website in that back end, uploaded it to the front end, and was lazy about the rest… So when i added the encryption, it screwed up the loading of my images that were loading from my unencrypted back end play site…

So i went into myphpadmin, edited the slides and static slides to convert all instances of the backend url to the primary url

That fixed the problem on most browsers, but not edge.
So i went in and double checked the images and backgrounds through cornerstone to make sure i converted them all to the primary url, and that fixed the problem… and as an added bonus, the page is fully encrypted now! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help and giving me direction!! never again will i ignore the google developer tools in chrome! :slight_smile:

Super glad that you have managed to fix the issue :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.