Revolution Slider video no longer working

Hello.

Up until recently the Youtube video on my slider was working fine. I recently updated Wordpress to its latest version. I noticed the video no longer works.
I’m not seeing any errors in my Chrome console.
The weird thing is that the video won’t even load in “Revolution Slider’s” preview mode.
The rest of my image sliders built with Revolution Slider are working fine.

I also have WP Rocket installed. I cleared all cache and disabled it. That didn’t fix the issue.
I’m using incognito mode in Chrome so I don’t think it’s a cache issue with my browser. I haven’t installed any 3rd party plugins up until the point my video slider was working.

Your help is much appreciated.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

Can you please send us your website details so that we can have a look.
Before that please check if you are using the latest version of Theme and plugins. If not please update it.
Please check this guide first.

If that doesn’t help Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
    All the best!

I’m using the latest version of the Theme and plugins.
I’ve attached my credentials.

Thank you.

Hi There,

Thanks for the details!

I can see number of slider in your Rev-slider. Can you please confirm in which slider you have the issue.
I checked the home page slider having youtube slide is working fine. Regarding the video load in Preview it always takes the screenshot of the video by default the exact video.

Thanks

Thank you for your prompt response.

I can confirm that, the particular video slider does work in IE Edge and Firefox.
However, it does not work in Chrome (I made sure I cleared my cache in Chrome, and opened a window in incognito mode).
Can you replicate the Chrome issue?
The name of the video Revolution Slider in question is “YouTube Hero”.

IE edge :white_check_mark:
Chrome :x:
Firefox :white_check_mark:

I also noticed the following:
In IE edge, when I hover over anywhere in the top nav, the browser freezes and restarts the page. I only experienced this with IE edge. No issues with Chrome or Firefox.
Any idea why?

IE edge :x:
Chrome :white_check_mark:
Firefox :white_check_mark:

Looking forward to your prompt response.

Hi There,

Thanks again for confirmation!

I am only testing in Chrome, please check the video in the secure note the slider opening fine in my side.
I am not sure why this happening in your end, can you please send us a screencast video like I have sent?
Also I will ask other staff member to check if they can find issue.

Regarding your other issue, I don’t have a IE edge browser now. I have passed it to a another staff member will get back to you when I get a update.

THanks

Please note that I am using the following:

Chrome version: Version 66.0.3359.117 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Awaiting more feedback on the IE Edge and Chrome issues.

Thank you.

Hi There,

I did check your site on Windows 10 64bit with Chrome, Edge, and IE.

I can not replicate the issue with Chrome, your slider on the Homepage (YouTube Hero) plays just fine. Do you have Add-ons on your Chrome? Would you mind deactivating it to test.

Regarding the IE/Edge issue, it looks like Edge can’t handle the Flip animation, this is a browser issue but I’ve submitted this to our issue tracker so the developers will be made aware of it, they might able to do something about this. For now please change your menu text Interaction other than Flip.

Thanks,

Thank you.
The IE edge browser issue has been fixed.

I am still experiencing the same problem with my video Revolution Slider in Chrome.

The iframe has a “visibility:hidden” css setting. When I check it off in Chrome’s inspector tool, the video runs as it should. It looks like it’s waiting for something to remove it?
Please see attached screenshot.

Again, this only happens in Chrome.

Hi There,

Did you try in incognito mode? I am sorry but we can not replicate the issue on our end. Would you mind testing in different machine?

Thanks,

Looks like it’s a general Revolution Slider issue. When I go to their site to view the specific video slider template, I get the same experience.
Youtube video doesn’t play in Chrome but works fine in Firefox and IE.

This is the slider template that I downloaded from them: https://revolution.themepunch.com/wordpress-youtube-header/

Chrome complains with the following:

www-widgetapi.js:99 
Failed to execute 'postMessage' on 'DOMWindow': The target origin provided ('https://www.youtube.com') does not 
match the recipient window's origin ('https://revolution.themepunch.com').

Is this something that you can address or do I need to reach out to them personally?

Hello There,

We’ve submitted this to our issue tracker so the developers will be made aware of it. They will also be the one who will communicate with the creators of the plugin.

Thank you for your understanding.

There seems to be an issue with Chrome and Youtube videos. I switched the video in my slider template to Vimeo, and no more issues with Chrome.

None of the below Youtube revolution slider video templates work for me in Chrome:

Hi there,

I see it differently, it works on my chrome. Perhaps it’s just loading slow on your end? I do see those message in the console, but Youtube videos play okay. Or it could be varying and happens to be working on my end. We’ll continue checking.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.