Revolution Slider v.5.4.6.6 - Breaks Stem functions for dropdowns

Jumped Revolution Slider from 5.4.6.4 to 5.4.6.6 and noticed that a Search Dropdown element is no longer opening into the viewport. The test case I’m using is just a layout with a full screen slider above the masthead (slider offset by the masthead), with a search dropdown in the header. So the masthead ends up at the bottom of the viewport when the page first loads. The search dropdown opens “up” into the veiwport under the former Rev Slider version, and opens “down” outside of the viewport after updating to the latter version.

Starts working again after reverting to version 5.4.6.4.

Seems like it must be conflicting with the Pro Stem library that ensures dropdowns operate intelligently within the viewport.

Hey @jalberts,

Please upgrade to 5.4.6.6 again and give us the steps to arrive to the issue. It would be best if you could copy your site over to a staging site though so your live site continues to operate while we’re troubleshooting. Give us WP Admin access to our staging server in a Secure Note.

For the meantime, can you try the troubleshooting tips outlined here?

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply, @christian_y.

I’m working in a local development environment and don’t readily have anywhere to stage this. You should be replicate this by doing the following, however (this assumes you’re using 5.4.6.6):

1. Create a new, blank page (can set this to the front page for simplicity)
  2. Create a new slider in Revolution Slider:
    • Slider Type: Hero Scene
    • Slide Layout: Full Screen
    • Increase/Decrease Fullscreen Height (Optional): .x-masthead, #wpadminbar, .cs-workspace
  3. Set the slide to just be a Main / Background Image from the Media Library
  4. On the new page, in the Slider Settings: Above Masthead metabox, set Slider to whatever the new slider was named
  5. In Pro > Headers, create a new header from the Default template (name it approriately)
  6. Set this new header to be the Global header
  7. Edit this header and add a Search Dropdown element to Bar 1, Container 2, at the end. Save it

Now pull up the page created with the slider above the masthead. You’ll notice 2 things:

1. The submenu under Work (we didn’t change the default menu from Sample when we created it), flies open into the viewport correctly.
  2. If you click the search dropdown (defaults to the burger menu style), you won’t see the search form
  3. If you scroll down slightly, you’ll see the search form under the menu (it expanded out of the viewport)

Interestingly, if you now go back to editing that header, and change it from Sample (which isn’t a real menu anyway), to a real menu that does have sub-items then reload the page on the frontend, the submenu items will now start failing. You’ll see it expanding down, out of the viewport now, just like the search form.

If you delete the plugin folder and drop in the older version of Revolution Slider (5.4.6.4) and reload the page, the submenu and search dropdown will properly expand up, into the viewport.

I disabled all other plugins and tried the Global settings changes suggested in the troubleshooting link. Only thing that fixed the problem was rolling back to the previous version.

Hi there,

Thank you for the detailed information. I followed the same steps and see the issue. I also removed the Rev Slider from the Above Masthead and added it as another Bar in the Header Builder by adding a text element and inserting the shortcode of the Revolution Slider there.

The same thing happened, so there should be some change in the new version of the Revolution slider that messes up the Javascript code which feeds the data-x-stem attribute of the search dropdown or the other dropdown to decide on which direction the dropdown should open.

Thank you for the report I added this to the issue tracker. Please stay tuned for upcoming releases to have a fix regarding this. At the time being keep using the version 5.4.6.4 version.

Thank you.

Righto, thanks!

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.