Revolution slider update error

Good afternoon,

I recently updated my Revolution Slider and I ran across an error. The background photo in my slider does not appearing. The background image does appear for a second then it goes away as the page is loading. I cached all of my pages, including browser, and I deactivated my cache plugins. All other pages are also not showing the backgrounds. Can this be fixed?

Thank you

Hi David,

Thanks for reaching out.

It appears to be related to layer timing, but since you said it’s due to update then it maybe not related to timing. It could be due to cache too. Would you mind providing the site’s URL and admin login credentials in the secure note?

For the meantime, please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.