Revolution Slider only shows first image after update

Revolution Slider does not rotate after updates. The first image shows when the site is opened but then goes to a white screen. When I look at the back end everything seems in order, except when the Preview button is clicked the slider does not open and a brief error message appears “Apex Error.” www.amerthai.com

Hey @windhover4,

I don’t see an “Apex Error” but only “Ajax Error” when opening the Preview. I believe that is the error you’re seeing.

You’re using the latest Standalone Slider Revolution version (6.1.2) and not the bundled one with our theme. Regretfully, we cannot give support for that as it’s not yet tested with our theme. Please downgrade to the version listed in our Version Compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. The latest supported version is (6.1.1).

If you wish to use the standalone version, you’d need to report or get support with ThemePunch. The first step with getting support with most themes and plugins though is that you do test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by clearing all caches if you’re using a caching plugin and deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Thanks.

Ironic in view of the fact that keeping plugins updated is universally considered essential good practices. If X-Theme is not going to remain compatible with Revolution updates, could you please assist me in getting the compatible slider Revolution version (6.1.1) reloaded. Where do I download it? Do I just install over the existing, or do I delete and then reinstall? Will I lose my Slider file and settings?

Hey @windhover4,

Yes. Generally it’s best to keep everything up to date. Since you’re using X though and Slider Revolution is bundled with it, you need to update to the latest compatible version. You can read more about the bundled version here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-revolution-slider/71

Also, it’s best practice that you test updates in a staging site first and if nothing’s broken, you can update your live site.

Regarding downgrading, I’m not sure if something will break as we have not tested 6.1.2 yet. It’s best that you contact ThemePunch as they have more experience with the plugin than us. I’ll just recommend that you export your sliders so in case downgrading deletes them, you can import them back.

Regarding downloading or installing the bundled version, you need to uninstall the current Slider Revolution then go to WP Admin > X > Validation. Scroll down to the Extensions and install Slider Revolution from there by clicking the Install button.

Thanks.

If I DELETE and reinstall ill I lose my Slider file, template and settings?

Disregard the last question. I see your answer: Regarding downgrading, I’m not sure if something will break as we have not tested 6.1.2 yet. It’s best that you contact ThemePunch as they have more experience with the plugin than us. I’ll just recommend that you export your sliders so in case downgrading deletes them, you can import them back.

Christian,

OK, I exported the Custom Content for Hero Image 7, deleted 6.1.2, went to WP Admin > X > Validation, downloaded and activated 6.1.1.

I did find the Custom Content for Hero Image 7 to remain installed. However, when I click Preview I age the same “Ajax Error!!!”

I cleared the cache and viewed www.amerthai.com. You will find the same result as before. The first slider image appears and when it rotates you see a white page.

Your continued assistance would be most appreciated.

Thank you. If you’re not sure how to export sliders, here’s the new documentation: https://www.themepunch.com/slider-revolution/export-modules/

There’s no export for Global Settings but since you have Slider Revolution license, you can maybe ask ThemePunch support if that is possible.

I think our messages crossed. Please read my update just before your last comment.

Hi @windhover4,

I like to check this issue as well, would you mind providing a unused TFA code again? Or perhaps disable it for now while we’re checking it in case anyone from us checks it.

Thanks!

New Code in Secure Note

Hi @windhover4,

Have you upgraded your slider from the very old version? Because as what I can see, your current slider is now corrupted. I exported it and imported on my installation and it’s too isn’t working, only one slide and with a javascript error.

Do you still have a backup of your working slider? For now, the only solution would be re-creating your slider since it’s corrupted. Or, restore it to its previous version where it’s still working, but if the data really happens to be corrupted then even restoring to the older slider will not work. Restoring both slider and database would help.

This is a common issue as far as I can see, and that is, if you upgrade and jump to major versions which may have feature gaps, where older data structure may not work. There was a case too where layers are gone but still appears on actual render, and it’s after the upgrade to Slider 6+

Thanks!

I need your help. I have deleted the “Corrupted version of my Slider.” I have a downloaded copy in a zip file.

I am using the X Compatible version of Revolution 6.1.1 which was just downloaded today.

I started to recreate the Slider and after loading and saving the first image I tested “Preview” and received the same “Ajax Error!!” message I received that started this conversation.

I have now loaded all of the five images that are part of the original slicer and saved them. I have renamed the Slider “image-hero7” with is the short-code that appears in the Slider location on the Home Page as viewed in Cornerstone.

No slider appears when the site is view live, but there is a placeholder of “Image-hero7” Slider.

When you try to preview the Slider in Revolution edit mode, you receive the “Ajax Error!!” error notice. Which is where we started from. Please help me with this issue.

Hello @windhover4,

Since you have renamed the slider, you will to edit the page and reassigned the slider.
When you renamed a slider, please make sure that the Title and the Alias is the same.

I went ahead and made the necessary changes. The slider is showing now.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.