Revolution slider not work

I have deactivated all plugins except “revolution slider” and still not letting me edit anything on the administration side of the sliders.

It does not let you edit anything at all, it seems that no action works, not even the side menus (general configuration, design …) are displayed when you click on it!

Hi Mauro,

Can you share which domain the issue is happening? You do have a lot of sites and I tried it on the sites showing recently bought license and it is not working. Please double check the credentials and share the domain. Thank you.

The domain is: www.pigmentgallery.es

Hey Mauro,

Your WordPress install has a problem with loading scripts.

That could be due to low memory. The minimum Slider Revolution requires is 256MB and you might need more if you use a lot of plugins.

You can try increasing the memory yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php. If that doesn’t increase the memory, please ask your web host if your memory can be increased.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If the memory’s increased but the issue persists, please give us FTP access. If you’re not aware what FTP access is, please ask your web host.

Thanks.

To do the test, the hosting lets you expand to 512mb for one hour. The result is the same … do not let edit anything!

Hi Mauro,

The issue might be arising due to the failed update/install of WordPress or due to a server issue. As this is the core function of PHP, can you once try reinstalling a fresh WordPress without plugin and check?

You can reinstall Wordpress by going to Dashboard > Updates and clicking reinstall - you won’t lose any data, it’s the same as a regular update, it just ensures that all files are present and at the correct version.

Cheers!

Good, I reinstalled wordpress of the Dashboard -> Updates and deactivated all plugins except revolution slider … same problem!

Hello Mauro,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I checked the website and in navigated under Revolution Slider. In dev tools I can see the same error message that my colleague reported. I further tried to test for plugin conflict but that’s not resolving the issue. At this moment I suggest you to fo the following:

The error message that’s showing up is related with WordPress setup. In order to narrow down the issue and troubleshoot the problem, please setup a fresh WordPress install and copy the website over there on a staging server so that we can take a more closer look without affecting the live website.

Thanks.

Good Morning

The CLON of the operative web is already there. I give you the data in a safe note.

Hi Mauro,

I would like to do some further checking on the live site but it looks like it is not the exact duplicate of the live site since the memory limit of the clone site is different (see screenshot) and some of the links on the clone site is still pointing to the live site that is why the preview of the clone site looks broken:

I am not sure if the database used by the clone site and the live site is separate or not so kindly confirm that is why I am not able to do a search and replace from the live URL to the clone URL. If you can do this on your end, kindly do so and confirm to us so that we can proceed checking the site more.

For the meantime, please go to Slider Revolution > Global Settings then enable the Include RevSlider libraries globally: option (live site).

Let us know how it goes.

Hi, it’s an exact clone, since it’s on the same server. The memory limit is what you show, since to rule out that the error was for that reason I asked the hosting for a temporary increase in this parameter, but although they increased it, it still gave the same problem.

The database of the production site and the clone are independent. I have modified all the wrong urls in the database

Hi,
I believe I am having a similar issue… when I click on a slide to edit, it goes to “Editor is loading”… “Loading Content”… “Preparing Data” and then stalls out there. Nothing else happens. The WP side bar is not visible either.

It loads and works correctly on Safari but not Chrome.

Hi Mauro,

It seems the issue is coming from your child theme, because when I activate the parent X theme to test, all the errors on devtools are gone and the Revolution Slider starts working fine.

Please remove all the customization on your child theme including custom functions on the functions.php file, then add it one by one and see which customization triggers the issue/errors.

Thanks,

Hi @cmelnik,

Thank you for writing in, more likely that is a different issue,

In that case, you might have something on Chrome (i.e. Browser caching or addons) that is causing that issue. Please try it on incognito mode where there is no caching and addons involve.

How do I set my browser to Incognito or private mode?

If you have a follow-up question, please write in on your own thread as this one getting longer and to avoid confusion.

How To Get Support

Cheers!

Thank you so much for patience and help! In the end the problem came in the last line of functions.php

function js_async_attr($tag){
return str_replace( ’ src’, ’ async=“async” src’, $tag );
}
add_filter( ‘script_loader_tag’, ‘js_async_attr’, 10 );

Hi Mauro,

Glad that sorted things out,

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.