Revolution Slider latest update doesn't save changes

Hi there,

I’m experiencing an issue with the slider where the background images (sliding in) do not show. I replaced the images, but still, the old image path appears. The slider is trying to get the images from the “staging site” and not from the current domain. Can you help?

UPDATE: I was able to correct the issue directly in the SQL Database. Not ideal, but it’s working now!

Glad to hear that. :slight_smile:

Hi Prasant,

I tried replacing an image and the problem persist. Any change I make through the slider is not displayed in the website. I still think there is a problem with the latest update. Is there a way to fix this?

Hello @luxmedesigner,

Thanks for updating the thread.

In that regards can you please share website login details in secure note for us to take a closer look at the setup?

Thanks.

Hi Prasant,

I just updated the plugin to the version released today. I’ll have to test it to see if the issue continuous. I fixed most errors through the SQL database already.

Hi there,

Do reach out if the problem persists.

Hi there,

I’m still experiencing issues with the slider. I was creating a French translation of the home page and I get this error:

The slider exists, but it’s not recognized. can you help?

Also, for some reason, I cannot edit the page using Cornerstone. Furthermore, the page is missing the video under the Feature Video section and a scroll text at the bottom. The code is in there, but it’s not being displayed. Could it be a Cornerstone or X Theme issue?

This is the page: https://www.tubularchainconveyors.com/fr/

Hello @luxmedesigner,

It seems that your WPML is out of date. Please update this plugin. This could be the reason why you cannot edit the page in Cornerstone.

And for your Slider, Revolution, it could that a 3rd party plugin is causing the issue. Please temporarily disable the Site Accelerator feature of Jetpack plugin. You can also try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi there,

I updated WPML. The English and Spanish translations and sliders work just find which make me think that it could be an issue related to the Slider Revolution plug-in. Also, I cannot edit the page using Cornerstone. Can you help?

Hey,

Just to clarify, this is the page that you cannot with Cornerstone https://www.tubularchainconveyors.com/fr? Can you confirm if you still cannot edit it. Here’s a screencast of me viewing the page in Cornerstone http://somup.com/cq6VfdedjV.

Yes, I cannot edit any French page. The pages already have a layout and content. If you look at your screenshot carefully, you’ll see that there is nothing under the Layout Tab. I cannot select any element, therefore, I cannot edit the page. If you look at the English or Spanish versions, you can see a stack of elements under the Layout Tab. French pages don’t even show the content as you can also see in your screenshot. The only thing you see is the header and footer. Open a second browser tab and look at the page live, and another one with Cornerstone open, and compare them, or look at the screenshots below.

FRENCH HOME PAGE

ENGLISH HOME PAGE

Hey @luxmedesigner,

The problem with Slider Revolution and Cornerstone on your French page stem from WPML.

You would need to report the issue to WPML support as this is not an issue with our theme as it only displays the slider in the front-end.

Alternatively, do not use the method and create a separate slider for each of the languages. I tested assigning non-WPML connected slider, the Featured Video slider and it works in your Frensh page.

• Regarding “No Content in Cornerstone”, you translated the page using WPML Translation Editor. That is highly likely the reason why the Cornerstone builder data was deleted but the Cornerstone shortcodes remain.

If you wish to use Cornerstone again, you will need to completely delete the French page.

Then, translate your English page using the translation flags in Cornerstone.

Alternatively, use V2 elements as those are not affected by WPML’s Translation Editor.

Thanks.

I was able to fix the slider by turning off WPML in Revolution Slider. I will contact WPML to see if they can address the other issue. I really need to use Cornerstone to edit those pages. It seems you modified the original French slider. Please make sure not to save any changes unless you are fixing the problem. How do I make Cornerstone the default editor for the site?

Hi @luxmedesigner,

You can open/edit your page in Cornerstone / Content Builder by following these 2 steps

Once you open/edit your page in Cornerstone / Content Builder it will be defaulted it.

Cornerstone / Content Builder - How to Get to The Editor

Thanks,

I was able to get Revolution Slider working by going into the Slider > General > Find the WPML setting and turning it off.
The issue related to the new translated pages was solved by duplicating the page from within the English (default page), check the box (Duplicate) across the language you want to create a page for. After the duplicate is created, go to that page and click on the button that says “Translate Independently”, or something like that. Do NOT use the + sign that appears next to the page while looking at the page under the PAGES section. This will generate the error above, plus you won’t be able to use Cornerstone to edit the page later.

Hey @luxmedesigner,

Thanks for letting us know!
We are just glad that you have figured it out a way to correct the said issues.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.