Revolution Slider: Instagram feed not working

I use revolution slider to circulate between 6 images from an Instagram feed. Recently I started getting this error:

Revolution Slider Error: Failed to load Stream

As far as I am aware there have been no environment changes on my hosting account and other plugins which consume instagram as a public user (no API keys) can retrieve the latest 6 posts from a specified account. I made a temporary page at https://aedad.es/test/ to test this out.

I have tried to follow this article https://www.themepunch.com/faq/failed-to-open-stream-5-0/ and can confirm that the option is set to ON and nothing significant in the logs appear from my perspective

When I SSH to my hosting account and use tail -f error_log and try loading the test page I do not see any content issues but only these entries:

[27-Dec-2018 17:09:33 UTC] PHP Warning:  "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/aedades/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/operations.class.php on line 2858
[27-Dec-2018 17:09:33 UTC] PHP Warning:  "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/aedades/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/operations.class.php on line 2862
[27-Dec-2018 17:09:33 UTC] PHP Warning:  "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/aedades/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/output.class.php on line 3708
[27-Dec-2018 17:09:34 UTC] PHP Warning:  count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/aedades/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/slider.class.php on line 2531
[27-Dec-2018 17:09:34 UTC] PHP Warning:  count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/aedades/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/slider.class.php on line 2531

Is there a way for me to look at a stack trace to figure out what is happening behind the scenes? using WP_DEBUG wasn’t too helpful for me as it only pinpointed me to a file which I did not want to start editing).

Hi There @angeloedades

Thanks for writing in! Upon investigating this issue further, it seems that your issue is related to PHP v7.3.x running on your server. Could you please try switching to a different PHP version like PHP v7.1.x or v7.2.x and see if that resolves your issue.

You contact your hosting provider, if you don’t have a direct way to switch PHP versions.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi @mldarshana

I have switched it to 7.1 just now and still face the same issue with revolution slider - no entries on the error_log file though which is good.

Hi @angeloedades,

Have you tried contacting your hosting provider to see if the stream is being blocked? It could be due to security, example, this is what I’m getting by accessing your site. This happens in any part of your site, it will load but mostly has this issue.

I recommend contacting your hosting provider to check these first.

Thanks!

Maraming salamat @Rad I have raised a support ticket with my hosting and will get back to you once they have investigated it some more.

Walang anuman @angeloedades!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

Hi @RueNel

I have had a chat with the support team on the hosting side the max_execution_time is already twice the recommended limit and we have changed the memory_limit to x4 the size.

max_execution_time 120
memory_limit 1024M

I have just tried the Revolution Slider plugin again and still the same issue.

I have also just tried it using different instagram names and it is not able to get 6 latest images.

Hey @angeloedades,

Would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can make a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

• FTP Hostname
  • FTP Username
  • FTP Password

To know how you can insert a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

@RueNel

I have amended my previous post para may secure note.

@RueNel

I have just set the variable define('WP_DEBUG', false); to define('WP_DEBUG', true); ito yong nasa test page (https://aedad.es/test/):

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/aedades/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/external-sources.class.php on line 816

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/aedades/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/external-sources.class.php on line 816

Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in /home/aedades/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/external-sources.class.php on line 816

Notice: Undefined variable: page_data in /home/aedades/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/external-sources.class.php on line 626

Hi Angelo,

Your Instagram slider works fine on my dev site, please do the following:

• Clear all the site caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors. Please deactivate this caching features while we tackle this issue.

• Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

@friech

Which version of the plugin and wordpress are you using? I have just deactivated all plugins on my live site and the issue persists.

Is there a way I can contact the plugin developer?

Hi @angeloedades,

We’re on same versions as yours and it works well.

I did some testing on your setup and regardless of the setting and other Instagram account, it still the same. What I also noticed is that the error is instant, it’s not even trying to connect compared to installation (there is no Loading Preview... before the error)

Perhaps you have internal caching and the status of the stream is cached? I also recommend setting up the staging of your site ( a clone ). where we can test and compare it. But regardless, this issue is only specific to your site. Which, unfortunately, we can’t find anything as we’re not fully familiar with how your hosting environment works.

Please check this https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/slider-revolution-error-message/48874/2 ( the procedure for creating staging).

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.