Revolution Slider image issue

I just finished a simple landing page for a client. We reviewed it together and he was all excited but later sent me an email in regards to one of the slides showing up, for lack of a better descriptor, overexposed. I never noticed it on a desktop computer but after he brought this to my attention I can see it on my laptop, ipad and iphone. It varies from slide to slide so it is not image specific. I have attached a screenshot for you to review.

Please advise.

Hi Keith,

Thanks for writing in! I have checked your referenced site and I see the following error.

First of all, please update your X theme, Cornerstone plugin along with any outdated plugins that you have installed on your site. You can refer to our latest version information from here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195) and update your theme & plugins accordingly (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62).

Please make sure to clear all caches when testing your issue (https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-clear-your-cache-in-wordpress/).

If you’re still having issues, please provide us with your WordPress login credentials in a secure note to check your issue further.

Thanks!

I have no idea how the Flickr option got turned on prior to sending it to you. I have returned it to default. All themes and plugins are updated and after clearing the cache it is still happening. I will follow up with a secure note containing the dashboard credentials. Thank you.

It just did it on my desktop. Please see the attached image. Thank you.

Here is the image normally.

Hi @kstidham,

I’ve tested your website on my iPhone 7 and iPad Air 2 but couldn’t replicate the issue.

It might be the caching issue. Could you please completely turn off all the cache plugins and check again?

Let us know how it goes!

Good Morning Thai,

There is no caching in play on the site or the host server. It was the first thing I did when this started to occur. Every device in my office, handheld or otherwise replicates the issue. My client gets the same result. It is hard to believe that no one else has ever experienced this issue with the thousands of Revolution sliders out there. Below is a screenshot of the plugins we have in play, which are minimal and common to every site we have out there.

I will delete the slider and create a new one and if the issue still persists I’ll reach out to the Rev Slider developer.

Hi Keith,

Another support here. Tested it too using windows machine and mobile galaxy note 8 using Chrome browser but did not experience the issue too. Can you share the machine where you experience this issue and the browser you use together with what version. Yes, it would also be nice to consult revslider support theme. Thanks.

I just go to Rev Slider folks. It does not happen immediately. It might take several cycles. It is happening in safari, Chrome on my iphone 8, HP laptop, ASUS desktop, iPad Air and my client’s devices.

Hi Keith,

Another support here, I checked and let it through several cycles but me to could not replicate the issue on several devices.
I search in google and in support forums but could not see similar issue.
Can you create a video so we can see when does it happen and maybe that can provide us a clue on what is causing this.
Also can you try changing your slide animation or can you try setting it to no transition and see if the issue persist.

Thanks

I resolved the issue by disabling the Ken Burns effect. I have used it several times with rev Slider over an array of websites and never had this issue. Thanks for your assistance.

Glad it’s working now and you’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.