Revolution Slider Error on start page

Hi there,

We experience a problem with Revolution Slider on our start page: The silder is missing, and instead this message is displayed: “Revolution Slider Fehler: The param Slider Width should not be empty.”

Trying to solve the problem, we used the advice given in this support thread: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/updated-slider-revolution-and-it-stopped-working/61443/5. But it did not help. Would you mind taking a look at it? Since it is the first element on our start page it is quite important to us. Thank you.

Also, our Hosting Provider mentioned recently that a lot of their customers experience trouble with the Revolution Slider, since it is not longer supported/developed. So if you have any advice on which other tools/elements/sliders we could use for displaying the info in the slider we would appreciate that very much. Thanks a lot.

This is what the slider should look like (screenshot): https://www.dropbox.com/s/kl2f8bpnqnkda33/rev_slider_example.jpg?dl=0

Kind Regards,
lypa

Hi Lypa,

Thank you for writing, I was not able to pinpoint the slider error, but I see couple issues on your site that most likely related to this error.

First, your version of X theme and Cornerstone is not Compatible, it seems you updated the Cornerstone to the (4.0.4) version, but you leave X theme behind (6.2.5). Please update both X and Cornerstone to the latest version as well (7.1.0 and 4.1.0 respectively).

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Second, is your Revolution Slider plugin is outdated, I think this is what your hosting support means, the latest support version of Slider Revolution is 6.1.4 (you can check that here), the current version of Revolution Slider on your site is 5.4.8.

You have already the latest version of WordPress (5.3), so the themes and plugins need to update as well to avoid incompatibility issues.

I would suggest that you clone your site on a staging server, then do the updating there first, because I see you have a lot of customization, this update might be laborious for you as there might be customization of yours that needs to be updated to adhere with updates.

Important: Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hi Friech

Thank you for helping. We restored our old backup for now.

You said:

Please update both X and Cornerstone to the latest version as well (7.1.0 and 4.1.0 respectively).

Yes, we tried that already, updating everything to the latest version, including Rev Slider and X. But the site ended up looking so much different and required so many adjustments, that we need to do that on a staging as you recommend. Most changes occurred after updating X and Rev Slider.

You said:

I would suggest that you clone your site on a staging server, then do the updating there first,

Would you mind recommending a best practice resource and/or tools and plugins for staging X?

Kind Regards,
lypa

Hey Lypa,

Regretfully, we don’t have a list of resource. But, here’s a good third-party guide: https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-create-staging-environment-for-a-wordpress-site/

Hope that helps.

Hi Christian

Thank you for helping and providing the link. This helps.

Kind Regards,
lypa

You’re welcome, once you have that cloned staging site up, please update it to the latest versions Wordpress, X, Cornerstone, and Revolution Slider. Then let us know again if the slider-error still persists.

Updating WordPress
Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.