Revolution Slider Error: Failed to load Stream & Broken Pro Footer

Hello,

We’ve been using Silder Revolution to show our Instagram Feed for well over a year not without any issues.

In the past day or so, our slider has broken and gives this error.

Revolution Slider Error: Failed to load Stream

Our Pro Footer also broke. I am assuming it broke because the feed is failing to load and perhaps some HTML tag isn’t closing properly.

I found many old articles about this issue but the recommended troubleshooting links in each post is broken.

Hopefully you can help me to get this working.

https://www.visitsimivalley.com/

https://www.instagram.com/visitsimivalley/

Micah

Hello Micah,

Thanks for writing in!

I have tested creating a slider and a grid with your instagram account. It works well on my end.

I am guessing that this could be because of your server configuration. Would you mind turning OFF your ModSecurity settings and test your slider again?

Please let us know how it goes.

Hello,

I setup a test page on my own website. I added 2 additional instagram plugins, one worked and the other failed.

The one that worked I had to “authoirze” with Instagram. The one that failed along with Slider Revolution are using “username”.

https://www.lainternet.biz/instagram-test/

I found that this same issue has shown up on other websites.

https://filmsimi.lainternet.biz/ Above the footer.

https://explorehollywood.lainternet.biz/ In the “Tag your pics with #ExploreHollywood” section above the footer. It loads a white box with no error message and breaks the styling on the essentials grid slider below it with the logo’s.

These all worked fine and about 2 days ago. The sites are on different hosts with one using SiteGround and the other is on a Private Server form my clients IT Provider.

The issue persists with 2 different web hosts and my local WAMP Installation.

Neither host will disable ModSecurity and neither of the 3 servers have had their software rebuilt recently.

Micah

Hi Micah,

Please note that no plugin or theme is able to bypass security imposed by host. If it’s security related then your only option is to disable the security or whitelist the request.

Perhaps, let’s focus on the first site first and discuss the issue. Please edit your slider (with instagram and hit preview)

Then you’ll see this, confirming what’s causing it.

Perhaps you can contact your hosting provider and disable the Mod_Security? Or perhaps just whitelist it. Just forward them the procedures on how to see this error/issue. We can only proceed and troubleshoot it one by one by eliminating the possible cause at a time, and right now, it’s the Mod_Security.

Thanks!

Response from SiteGround. I provided them you last message along with the images you provided.

Micah

I reviewed the case in detail however I was not able to locate any server side error related to the issue or a mod_security error. Just in case I excluded the entire website from mod_security temporary and the issue persisted.

Please note that our technical support specializes in resolving issues where your script or website is not accessible due to the server related setting, indeed we always try to assist our clients even further with the daily challenges that they experience with their websites however in cases as this it would be best to be reviewed by a professional website developer.

I can not recommend anyone in particular, however I am sure that you can easily find one through some of the popular freelance websites.

Alternatively you could contact the developers of the plugin to review the error and suggest a fix.

Of course if any server side assistance is needed as per developer’s request, please do not hesitate to contact us back at any time.

Best regards,

Aleksandar Dimitrov
Senior Technical Support
SiteGround.com

Hello @websperations,

As it turns out, Instagram have changed in their API. The developers of the plugin is now aware of the situation. They are developing a fix for this issue as we speak. Once they’ll have it, a patch release of the plugin will be available anytime soon.

Please bear with us.

Thanks, this sounds consistent with my experience.

Do we have an ETA?

Micah

Hello Micah,

Thanks for updating the thread.

As of now we are not in a position to share ETA. Once plugin developer have released the update, after testing the same we will release the patch for our customers.

Thanks for understanding.

Hello,

Any update on this and an eta for resolution?

It’s now been 9 days since this issue first occurred.

Micah

Hi Micah,

The developers of the plugin are still working on a fix. To follow up with the status, email us at help@themepunch.support

Thank you for your understanding.

Theme Punch said they fixed the issue and published an updated version a week ago.

When will this be pushed out to X Theme Owners?

Micah

Hey Micah,

The latest version of third party bundled plugins, Slider Revolution in this case, will be tested for compatibility with our theme before released for automatic updates. Regretfully, we do not have an ETA as the testing and complications (if applicable) varies. Please stay tuned.

Thanks.

How can I update this outside of X Theme?

This issue has been going on for almost 3 weeks and it affects a bunch of my live websites.

My customers are upset and I can’t hold them off much longer.

Micah

Hi Micah,

We’re sorry for the inconvenience. To update the plugin outside of X theme, you need to buy the license. Rest assured we are working on the update. Thank you for understanding.

Any update on this issue?

Hey @angeloedades,

Our developers are still doing some testing. We will follow up for any updates on this issue.

Thank you for your understanding.

What is the ETA for the fix?

It’s been weeks since ThemePunch fixed the issue.

Micah

Hi Micah,

Thank you for your follow up. FYI, we are in a high-intensity process of testing for the compatibility of the new version of Revolution Slider with both X and Pro themes and laser-focused to make sure we can release the new version asap.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Hello everyone,

The latest version of the Revolution Slider is now available.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.