Revolution Slider doesn't show after update

Hi @FreekR

Thanks for writing in! Can you please try loading your slider revolution JS in the footer and and see if that helps. Please follow the screenshot below.

Make sure to purge your server cache and clear your browser cache before testing.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi Darshana,

Tried it, but the issue remains. To be clear, there is a slider and there is a down button, the actual slider just isn’t visible. It’s just a grey screen.

See: http://www.eighty-eight.nl/

Anything else I can try?

Thanks

Hi There,

The slider is displaying fine on my end:

Could you please clear all the caches and check again?

Regards!

Thanks for checking!

Very odd - I cleared the cache (on firefox developer edition) and it displayed correctly once.

But now it’s not displaying once again. (Also on other browsers/devices.)

Are you getting the same javascript error in the console when it loads correctly, or not?

Hi there,

I have checked your site and the Revolution Slider is displaying fine on my end as well so it’s probably the cached version of the site.

Have you tried checking your site in a different device?

Hi Jade,

Yes, tried it on three different devices.

To narrow down the issue: are you not seeing the javascript error in the console? I can see there’s an issue related to themepunch/revolution slider.

Thanks

Hi,

I was able to replicate the issue in firefox and can see the errors in the console.

Would you mind providing us with your wordpress admin login so we can take a closer look?

Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note (key icon)

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

Thanks Paul, good to hear you were able to replicate this.

I’ve added a secure note with the details to my first post.

Hello There,

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Delete and re-install the Revolution Slider plugin.
  2. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  3. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  4. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1
  5. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  6. Remove custom Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.

Let us know how it goes!

Hi there,

1. This is not recommended by themepunch/revolution slider. See: https://snag.gy/nY5tVS.jpg

2. Everything is up to date. The only difference is that I’m using X 6.2.5 while for some reason you support up to 6.2.2. Does this mean I should downgrade?

3. Already tried this.

4. Not using a CDN.

5. Didn’t work. The only other plugin is also by themepunch (the grid). Other than that it’s just revolution slider and cornerstone.

6. No custom js, no child theme.

It seems likely that the issue might be related to the javascript error. Any thoughts on that?

Update:

@1. I deleted the plugin through ftp (so as to not lose all sliders) and installed an older version. Didn’t work unfortunately.

Hi @FreekR

I can reproduce this issue on your website as well, please update the Revolution Slider plugin to the latest stable version, and try these suggestions mentioned here:

https://www.themepunch.com/faq/troubleshooting-tips-for-5-0/

What I believe it could be related to a bug in Revolution Slider described here, however, I’m not exactly sure if it’s fixed or not, what makes me feel like it’s this one is that if you tried another slider with images only, it works fine, it’s just this one with YouTube code that throws this error in the browser console.

Let me know how it goes,
Thanks.

Hi Alaa,

Thank you so much for the detective work!

I’ve tried inserting a slider with only an image and that one loads fine, so I suspect the thread you linked to is the issue.

What is the best way to proceed? Will you get in touch with Themepunch? (I don’t have normal access to their support because I of course got Slider Revolution through X theme).

Thanks again,

Freek

P.S.: I also tried the troubleshooting options in the first link you provided, but to no avail.

What might be related is another issue/bug I ran into. When I try to save the slider, the save button doesn’t work. It gives me the following javascript error:

Hi @FreekR,

It’s working okay on other sliders, I created new slider and it’s too is working. Perhaps, you should remove the custom script from your faulty slider and test it again.

Thanks!

Hi,

Finally got it fixed! In the end, I updated the embed code for the YouTube video and for some reason that did the trick.

Thank you all for helping to narrow down the issue!

Best, Freek

Glad to hear you got it sorted, Freek.

Cheers!

I had the same issue. I downloaded the plugin WP Fastest cache, cleared all the cache and things started to work no problem.

Hey @Hugo_Diego,

Did you also try other solutions given in this thread? Following the troubleshooting guide from here usually solves Slider Revolution issue.

This thread is unique as @FreekR had some custom script.

Please follow every suggestion in this thread and if nothing works, please open your own thread and give us WordPress Admin access in Secure Note. Also post a link to this thread for reference.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.