Revolution Slider causes Cornerstone to hang

I have an installation of the x theme and for some reason anytime the Slider Revolution plugin is activated it cause the Cornerstone interface to not work properly. I will go to a page and click the Cornerstone button and it loads but rather than loading the Page editor, it loads the Content list so it shows the pages. Then I try to click edit and it acts like it is doing something but then goes to a blank white page. Also now even though RevSlider is chosen below Masthead it doesn’t appear on the page. Can you please take a look? Thanks.

msndrstddesigns.com/kbd

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, you’re using a Blank - No Container | No Header, Footer page template on that page, that is why its not showing the Slider Below Masthead because that is a part of the header.

Please change that to Blank - No Container | Header, Footer

Please increase your memory limit, you can follow the guide provided here

If nothing of the method provided there works, please contact your hosting support on how you can effectively increase the PHP memory limit.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

I was able to increase the memory limit and I can now get into edit the pages but the preview won’t load and I am unable to save any changes.

Revision: I am able to save at times but it still hangs up at times. The only way for me to make edits is in the wireframe mode and sometimes the save will go through and other times it won’t. Its very strange I’ve never had this happen with any other installation of X Theme.

Hey there,

Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

Let us know how it goes,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.