Revolution slider as a background

On my home page the first section is a single slide Revolution Slider. I would like to be able to set that as a background and use parallax scrolling to have the next section scroll over the top section just as I can do if the first section is a plain old background image. Is there any way to do that?

Hi There,

Unfortunately, that is not possible.

You can use a video background but not Revolution slider as a background.

Hope it helps

Thanks. My web designer decided to use a single slide Revolution slider because he was having trouble getting an image with a specific layout to respond properly to mobile optimization. Instead of resizing so that the entire image remained visible, Cornerstone chops off important pieces. Is there another solution to this dilemma?

Hi There,

In that case, setup the Slider as if it is your first section. I mean setup your parallax background on the slider and the content/layers.

After you’ve finished creating the slider, assign that slider as the Featured Slider Below Masthead of your page.

Thanks,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that and it behaves the same way as it does when I make that slider Section 1 on the page. I would like to create an effect where the slider I am using in Section 1 is slid over by Section 2 when I scroll. Did I miss something? Thanks!

Hi There,

Can you share us your site URL where you implemented this so we can check your setup?

Sure. I put it in a Secure Note

Hi There,

Thank you for the URL, so you mean a fixed position, where the slider stays on the screen as you scroll down. Please add this on your custom CSS.

@media (min-width: 980px) {
	.x-slider-container.below {
		height: 100vh;
	}
	.x-slider-container.below > div {
		position: fixed !important;
		top: 60px;
		left: 0;
	    right: 0;
	}
}

Please remove the first section, since this CSS is for the slider above masthead.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.