Revoking and re-assigning licence not working

Hi Support,

A few months ago I transferred my domain and website (hosting) from GoDaddy to Panthur. Upon transferring, my X displays the message “This X license is not validated. Fix”.

I have tried unsuccessfully to re-validate numerous occasions (for both my production and staging sites) by going to the LICENSES page on https://theme.co/apex/licenses, removing the URLs, saving the change, re-adding the URLs, then heading back to the sites and entering the Licence Key via X on Wordpress where it says “Input Code and Hit Enter”. The message it returns is “Your code is valid but looks like it has already been used on another site. You can revoke and re-assign within your Themeco account.”

So, today on my staging site I tried manually updating (via Wordpress, not FTP) X and Cornerstone, in the hope that it might trigger something, and they both fail.

I currently have Cornerstone 2.0.6 and X 5.2.5 installed.

With the exception of Slider Revolution (which won’t update due to this issue) all my plugins/themes are up-to-date on the staging site. (I’m running Wordpress 4.9.4.)

Any suggestions on how to fix this? (I want to test it on staging first before tackling production.)

Thanks!

Hi @mtomlin,

Thanks for writing in.

Please share us your admin credential and the activation key so we could check and try adding an Activation key to your setup.

Don’t forget to set it in private reply.

Thanks.

Hi There,

You are using a older version of the theme, Please update the theme and try to revalidate it.
Before updating the theme please take a full back of your site for avoid any kind of damage to content.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Hello I am having the same issue. It appears that I am not able to update the theme until I validate. But it is telling me “Your code is valid but looks like it has already been used on another site. You can revoke and re-assign within your Themeco account.” I am just going in circles at this point.

Hi There,

Not sure what was the issue as I was able to validate your site using the purchase code you provided, maybe a caching related.

Your X Theme is validated now, please update to the latest version of X (5.2.5) and Cornerstone (2.1.7) to avoid any incompatibility issue.

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

I’d remove the credentials you provided because the original poster can see that, you should not provide a secure note on other’s thread.

Thanks,

Hey @mtomlin,

There was a glitch in our licensing system. We’ve validated your staging site now.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

OK Thanks. I see it all set now! Much appreciated.

You are welcome!

What a relief! I’ve been able to validate my production site as well :grinning:

Now to update X and Cornerstone on my staging site, and do some testing.

Thanks for all your help!

Cool, we are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!