Revoke and reassign not working

I’ve seen this posted by a few people but I haven’t been able to fix my issue by following the answers I’ve seen…

‘Your code is valid but looks like it has already been used on another site. You can revoke and re-assign within your Themeco account.’

Can I get some help with this?

Hi @mccormickdesign,

Thanks for writing in.

Usually, it will take some time to load the revoking procedure. Try revoke your domain, then wait atleast 10 to 15 mins then re assign again. Don’t forget to clear cache every time you do revoking and reassigning or do this in private mode browsing.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

I’m having the same problem and tried manually installing PRO and no luck…this is an urgent matter and what i have read from other support forms it has to do with something on your end…support is lacking with you folks and I find this a little annoying…oh yeah…amongst all the other problems with analytics code not working, new Pro elements such as image not working, headers not showing active…I realize your integration with PRO from x-theme…but don’t you people test all your addons etc before releasing…this theme is becoming a nightmare of issues!! Please can we get this revoke resolved so that we as buyers of your product can get on with our work in making our clients happy.

Hi Nico,

Thanks for the speedy response. I have tried this 10’s of times at this point now. I’m after uninstalling xtheme and reinstalling again but it’s the same problem. It’s not picking up my licence. I changed my domain address a couoke of days ago with Bluehost and I was wondering is it linked to that. They have told me to contact you guys. Like my fellow Wordpresser linkapix I’m under quite a bit of pressure to get this up and running or it will cost me money. I appreciate your help and hope we can get this resolved tonight. Can you log in using my credentials and see if you can fix it? I’ve seen that being offered to some customers… Cheers.

Hi Nico and McCormickdesign - Nico’s solution worked, revoke license…wait 15 to 20 minutes, clear cache. Also, you might want to make sure your DNS A record is correct…any hoot - great fix Nico…worked for me…wish I could buy you a coffee or favourite beverage…smiles!

Hi there,

Thank you for the input. We will be more than happy to check the case and try to do the revoking for you.

Kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of the WordPress installation of the previous and new websites using the Secure Note functionality of the topic to be able to help you around.

Thank you.

Hi There,

Thank you for the credentials but it did not work, please confirm. May we know how did you migrate the site? It seems the migration process did not go well, as the site still redirects to the temporary domain (see the screenshot below).

Your license is assigned to the temporary URL, that is why you can not re-validated your live/actual domain. Please navigate to your licenses page and assign your license to your new domain.

Those are Cornerstone’s shortcodes, the site was not able to render it because the Cornerstone is deactivated on your site.

@inkapix Glad to hear that,

Cheers!

Hi there,

If you require additional support regarding the license please kindly get back to us here. If you need additional support regarding the other questions kindly open up a separate thread and we will be there to help you around.

Thank you.

Hi Christopher,

Ok cool that makes total sense. Yes I am happy to work on this thread to get the licence sorted. I’m hoping when I get this licence issue fixed then Cornerstone will go hand in hand with that. Can you please confirm you’ve been able to login using the credentials I give in the secure note and fix the licence issue?

Hi Christopher,

Any update on this? I would really like to get this sorted today so I can work on my site again.

Cheers,

-E

Hi Eimar,

There’s something weird about the setup of http://www.eimarmccormick.com/ because when I try to access the admin login, it redirects to http://74.220.219.60/~mccormk7/wp-login.php and when I try to login using the details you have provided, it get the error ERROR: Invalid username.

Would you mind double checking the setup of the new site’s link and the admin details so that we can check it?

Thank you.

Hi Jade,

I got on to my host and they had me on that temporary site address so they have now redirected my domain to my new domain and l’ve got my licence since that switch validated, thanks!

But, now when I’m on my site it doesn’t give me the standard xtheme sidebar to edit my site, the rows are labeled Stack > Icon > Layout and Design > Typography etc. can you please tell me the fix for this? I just activated cornerstone and that hasn’t changed to the standard cornerstone sidebar… I appreciate I may have to open a new ticket for this but if you can tell me a quick fix then we can close this thread! Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi there,

Unfortunately, I’m unable to login to check it with invalid credentials. Please start a new thread and provide your latest login credentials :slight_smile:

Are you referring to customizer or X’s theme options?

Thanks!

Hi,

I have provided my credentials in the secure note above. I would really appreciate if you can have a quick look! It’s when I visit my site to edit it, there’s no layout options on the left sidebar. So I can’t edit my site through Cornerstone using the standard sidebar. I think it’s the WP sidebar.

Thanks,

-E

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! Are you trying to edit the sidebar on this page I posted in the secure note?

Please understand that Cornerstone can only be used to edit the post and page content. It cannot be used to edit the sidebar. The sidebar on the other hand is consists of widgets which you can manage in Appearance > Widgets. You can add or remove any widgets that is available right in that section.

Likewise, you may also noticed that some pages were fullwidth and does not have any sidebars on it. That is because it is using a Blank - No Container page templates. These page templates is very useful when building a page that will have fullscreen or fullwidth hero images or banners in it. To know more about page templates, please check this out:

Hope this helps.

Hello There,

Are you referring to the theme options or when you edit your page in Cornerstone? When you edit a page, please go to Pages in your WordPress dashboard and select a page to edit in Cornerstone. When you are already in Cornerstone, in the layouts tab, you will find the templates.

Hope this helps.

Hey RueNel,

I think that’s it! Thanks! Has the UI for Cornerstone changed in a recent update? It’s just that it looked different only last week. Or is there a way I can go back to the old UI? I am still getting some error messages though so I’m not sure if it’s the custom Cornerstone UI. See uploaded pic of what I’m seeing.
see error message I’m getting at top

Hi there,

The UI is the same since the older version of the cornerstone except for inspector and elements.

As for the error, they aren’t, they are just warnings that you can turn off by setting WP_DEBUG to false on your site’s wp-config.php

Cheers!

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. Check out the images here, my UI isn’t the same as the tutorials I’ve been watching. My editor isn’t showing correctly. I would like to have the same UI as the screenshot of the tutorial. My editor sidebar is the Church screenshot. Can you help with this please?

Thanks for clearing up the error query.

This is another way it shows up

And this is the UI I would like above

So as you can see this my current editor when I’m using The Agency template but I would like the same as the one from the Visualcity example in the top image

Hi,

The church screenshot is the theme options.

That is where you can set all the global settings.

If you want to edit your page, you need to go to Edit Page > Cornerstone

If you are not using PRO, you should see Cornerstone Tab then Edit Cornerstone

Hope that helps.