Rev Slider Update

Hey X Theme Peeps!

Can one of you guys send me the latest rev slider zip?

My youtube video backgrounds on revolution slider are NOT playing.

I read another forum where someone deleted the plugin through FTP and then reinstalled it with the most up to date version, and his videos started playing again.

I did that, then reinstalled the plugin through x theme’s add ons and it still doesn’t work.

I was thinking maybe the addon isn’t the latest plugin for rev…

Could you please send me the newest version or give me another work around?

Thank you!!

Hi there,

The latest version available for Rev Slider is 5.4.8 but the most recent supported version of Rev Slider by X is 5.4.7.4.

This means that version 5.4.7.4 has been fully test with X and should work fine. We are still testing the recent version of Rev Slider with X and when everything is fully tested. we will be releasing an update.

What I can suggest is that you full backup your site then delete the rev slider through FTP then go back to X > Validation then reinstall Rev Slider. The most recent supported version should then be installed on your site.

Let us know how it goes.

Hi Jade, can you kindly update this thread when X has the latest update for Slider Rev?

I suppose updating thro X’s way will retain all our slides…

Hi,

You may now update revslider to Version: 5.4.8

https://theme.co/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195

Thanks

Is the link correct? It leads to x Theme’s main page.

Is this the correct way to update - delete the Slider Rev plugin & then reinstall thro x Validation Page ?

Will appreciate if you could assure me that my slides created will still be there.

Hi @iamwithU,

It would work too since it will pull the latest version from our server once you install it. But you should able to update it too in the plugin page where the slider is listed.

And the correct URL should be https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195

Thanks!

Hi Rad,
May I clarify your advice that we can update within the plugin page:

You’re referring to the update button in the Slider Rev, right? It’s we can just update there right away without losing our slides.

Hmm, why did your colleague advise us to delete & reinstall:

Hello There,

Yes you can update the Rev Slider in the plugins section. This maybe possible is the latest supported version is already available in the Themeco Repository. You can check the latest version supported in the link provided by Rad (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195)

The steps you have showed to delete and re install the plugin mostly apply if there is an issue or conflict between the plugin and the site or other plugin or maybe some plugin files were corrupted. It is better to delete and re install it to make sure that all files is fresh and not corrupted.

In your case, if you just want to update, you can update it right away in the Plugins section clicking the update plugin button or in Dashboard > Updates > Plugins.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hooray, this is good! Thanks for the clarification & prompt reply.

Hi @iamwithU,

You’re most welcome.

Feel free to ask us again.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.