Rev Slider not working after updates X

Suddenly slider is missing on my site after updates.

Plugin not showing up in plugins— and showing up as not installed in X (yet it’s been installed for long time and never removed.) When I clicked the [install] button, I got an error msg that the folder already existed.

Help.

Hi there,

Would you please kindly increase your server PHP Memory limit as it should be the main problem causing such issues:

If you still have the problem you will need to access your website folders using FTP and delete the revolution slider folder from wp-content/plugins and do the installation again.

Thank you.

So, I talked to the hosting company (godaddy) and they denied it was a php memory limit issue.

They said it is an issue with the theme X and referred me to: https://tools.pingdom.com/#!/jffcP/irishnobleman.com and to the part of the report here that is getting “F” rankings with reference to theme X and Cornerstone.

I am confused as everything was working fine for a couple of years–

Hi there,

Getting an F rating does not have anything to do with the Revolution Slider installation process! I am really surprised why a hosting service provider may reply like that!

And also the F rating has 1000 of reasons that might or might not be the theme, I wonder how they judged it is X that is the problem! WoW!

Anyway, you can simply test the case. I attached the latest version of the Revolution Slider in a Secure Note. Just install it using normal process of plugin installation. Before the installation changes the theme from X to whatever theme you want and tests the case.

By the way, if it was the X problem I couldn’t have installed the Revolution Slider, but I simply did that with no problem. The code of the X is the same when it comes to your installation and mine. So they should act the same, the only difference is that I use our hosting service and you use the GoDaddy.

Thank you.

This link does not appear to be working?

Hi There,

The link works but you need to open it in a new tab.

That means the Revolution Slider folder is there but it was incomplete, maybe something went wrong on your Revolution Slider updating process and some of the files has been corrupted.

To remove the incomplete Revolution Slider, please login to your server via FTP or cPanel and navigate to /wp-content/plugins/ and delete the revslider folder. Then back to your site admin dashboard re-install a fresh copy of Revolution Slider by navigating to X > Validation > Extensions and install the Slider Revolution

Remember to clear all caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.