Rev slider is coved by header menu

Hello, I got a slider revolution slide with scroll based time line. When the page scrolls up the header comes to a stop at the top of the page, then the slider is scrolling up to underneath the header AND then starts the timeline scrolling…

Basically the header is covering the top of the slider as the slider doesn’t come to a scroll stop beneath the header…

Is there a way to make sure the top of the page is set below the header?

Thanks!

Hello @fkuehnrich,

Thanks for writing in!

I have checked your site and your slider were not added below your masthead. It was actually added in a section where you create the content. You might want to review this knowledge base article on how you can use slider in the theme:

To always make sure that the navbar will not display in front of the content, please go to X > Theme Options > Header > Navbar and then set the “Navbar Top Height” to 92 pixel because this is the actual height and not 65 which is also why the navbar is covering a few pixels in your slider.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much for the reply. The site is built with multiple sliders and not just the one above or below the masthead. The height in the Theme Options/Header/Navbar is actually sizing the header as the header is not an image but an area defined by the Options Settings.

What I am looking for is more like a scroll-margin at the the top, so when I scroll the page up and the slider is hitting a ‘top’ edge of the visible content area that coincides with the bottom edge of the masthead and ‘not’ the actual browser window top edge, that the scroll based timeline begins.

Right now the slider hits the top edge of the browser window and then the scroll based timeline starts, but then a portion of the slider is covered by the menu.

Thanks!

Hello @fkuehnrich,

Maybe I am checking the wrong site. I am seeing that the navbar is not covering your slider.

And if you want to see that actual space when you properly set the Navbar Top Height in the Theme Options, you should be having this:

If this is the correct site, please provide the url to use so that we can check it. You can also include some screenshots to better illustrate what is it that you have in mind.

Thanks.

No that is the wrong site, you are looking at the subdomain. I am referring to www.kuenring.com and the PW for the site is ‘Elysium123’.

Here you can see where the new slider starts…with the gap above ‘Elysium’…when I continue to scroll up…

…in this second shot the slider already hit the top edge ‘under the masthead’ and now if you continue scrolling the timeline of the slider is starting but with the top part of the slider covered by the masthead…

Thanks!

Hey @fkuehnrich,

Thanks for providing the link to your site and access. Please remember to post them next time to avoid delays and back and forth conversation.

Please try utilizing the enabling the Fixed during Scroll option and adjusting the Module Fixed From and Module Fixed Until values. For guidance, please watch ThemePunch’s video tutorial below.

Instead of using a Fullwidth Slider, you might also want to change the Layout to Fullscreen so you could utilize the Decrease Module Height option so you can deduct the Navbar’s height from the Slider’s Height. You need to input the Navbar’s class which is .masthead in the by Container field, by the way.

I’d also recommend learning more from ThemePunch’s Youtube channel and Slider Revolution Documentation

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.